cheap flights to thailand (1 Viewer)

Mark says abbey travel are da bomb (his words not mine). When you headed over moosey?

I wish, it's for my sister.

Next time I get to go anywhere will be a year from now.

When do you plan on going? If it's for the Christmas period you're not really going to get anything under 800 euro at this stage. Abbey travel on middle abbey st and go4less.ie have been the most successful for me over the last few years. There is also a place beside clubtravel on upper abbey st that my friend bought his flights in for a reasonable price but this was a while ago.

I booked flights in abbey travel for the 28th of November two weeks ago and it cost me 870 euro. I could have got one for around the 800 mark but paid the extra few euro to stop off in the emirates so my flight time would be split into 7 hours each way instead of 4 and 11 hours.

Not sure exactly near the beginning of November. I'll pass on them details anyway, cheers lads.

Edit: Go4less has some decent prices: €732 including taxes with ethihad.

About how much would you need to survive for a month?

my flight time would be split into 7 hours each way instead of 4 and 11 hours.
My flight time (from NYC) is 19 hours gan stad. Second longest commercial flight you can get. Was trying to figure out if it went east or west, found out the other day it goes north over greenland and down over russia/china. Insane.

When do you plan on going? If it's for the Christmas period you're not really going to get anything under 800 euro at this stage. Abbey travel on middle abbey st and go4less.ie have been the most successful for me over the last few years. There is also a place beside clubtravel on upper abbey st that my friend bought his flights in for a reasonable price but this was a while ago.

I booked flights in abbey travel for the 28th of November two weeks ago and it cost me 870 euro. I could have got one for around the 800 mark but paid the extra few euro to stop off in the emirates so my flight time would be split into 7 hours each way instead of 4 and 11 hours.

oh Schnapper, to answer yr question in the other thread im gonna be in Thailand from 28th Nov untul Dec 12th gonna do Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia for the first 3 weeks first i think. If that plan falls apart i may go meet RSJ somewhere in Thailand on the 9th, depending where he is

Are you flying with Etihad on the 28th of November? If so i'll be on the same flight. I will also be heading up to Laos first and spending a week there before heading down south or hopefully theres some punk/hardcore gigs on in Chang mai around that time.

oh Schnapper, to answer yr question in the other thread im gonna be in Thailand from 28th Nov untul Dec 12th gonna do Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia for the first 3 weeks first i think. If that plan falls apart i may go meet RSJ somewhere in Thailand on the 9th, depending where he is

Jaysis thats a rotten buzz, i'd want a few xanax for that flight. How long are you staying in S.E Asia for?

My flight time (from NYC) is 19 hours gan stad. Second longest commercial flight you can get. Was trying to figure out if it went east or west, found out the other day it goes north over greenland and down over russia/china. Insane.

Very reasonable price and i've been told etihad are excellent to fly with.

Survival money depends on many variables but i'd say bring 1500 and you should never have to watch your pocket at all. You can find somewhere comfortable to sleep and food for the day on 20 euro no problem but you can easily go through 100 euro if you wanted.

I'll be bringing the guts of 3k for a month this year which is an overkill and I will most likely come back with a fair few hundred. I spent 2k once while over there for 6 weeks and that was eating in good places 2-3 times a day, renting a motorbike most days, drinking pretty much every night, night trains, buses and regularly smoking weed, opium and whatever else.

Not sure exactly near the beginning of November. I'll pass on them details anyway, cheers lads.

Edit: Go4less has some decent prices: €732 including taxes with ethihad.

About how much would you need to survive for a month?

Jaysis thats a rotten buzz, i'd want a few xanax for that flight. How long are you staying in S.E Asia for?
Yeah, the sister's a pharmacist so she's gonna get me a few bits for the journey. I'll be down there for about seven months, then onto japan for about two years, so at least it's only one way.

On the money issue, i've budgeted €35 a day for thailand and been told by several people that i'll live pretty well on that. That said, i'm not moving around much, only planning visiting about ten places in two months.

1,500 odd baht is definitely enough to get by on each day. You can also stock up on xanax for any future travels while in Thailand because you don't need a prescription for anything in most chemists.

Yeah, the sister's a pharmacist so she's gonna get me a few bits for the journey. I'll be down there for about seven months, then onto japan for about two years, so at least it's only one way.

On the money issue, i've budgeted €35 a day for thailand and been told by several people that i'll live pretty well on that. That said, i'm not moving around much, only planning visiting about ten places in two months.

Thailand is generally pretty bad for music and most of the kids are huge Linkin park fans. There was supposed to be a pretty good punk/hardcore scene up in Chang mai but the collective that put on the gigs ended in 2004 afaik.

I came across some of the lads in this band(myspace.com/bangkokalcohol) last year and they said there is stuff still happening in Chang mai and the odd time in Bangkok but i've been unable to find out any details.

To answer the question....No, I can't really recommend any venue or specific place for good music but you will come across ska/reggae if thats your thing and some half decent electronic.

Might be worth keeping your eye on www.siamhardcore.com too

Sweet.

Here, can you reccomend any spots for good music in thailand? Bangkok/chiang mai/wherever.

music wise Tata Young wont be up your alley but looks-wise? hell, she's up EVERYONE'S alley. hot!!!

312476212_996a9ed24c.jpg

i flew with China Airlines to Japan from Thailand ... seemed to be the cheapest around

I hit up a bargain two days ago through eBookers of all
sites!
I've never seen a price there before that wowed me.
Flying BMI to Heathrow then Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong
cost €450 return!
From there I fly with Air Asia to Bangkok for €125 return.
I leave in the second week of April for six weeks.
I'm staying a few days in HK first but at €575 it's cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back