Charlie (1 Viewer)

I actually haven't bothered with it, the ads have been enough to prove that it's another classic RTE attempt at dramatic credibility that has fallen short. "Hey, let's not get the right actors for the job, let's get the actors we have already. And no need to spend too much time and money on writing, no one really listens to dialogue, right? Finally, let's shoot it in that same style we do all our dramas so that if he need to make a time travelling episode of Love/Hate, we can just edit one together in an afternoon."

It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, the acting is shit - it must be shit!

there's nidge the conniving right-hand man, aiden gillen (he was a very unconvincing gang boss in season 1), the hapless dentist as hapless brian lenihan...that might be all

Well I'm all turned around on the subject. Everything is horrible so nothing matters. How have I been so blind

Ha
Maybe that's it. I think he's just angrier about the scale of cruelty in industrial meat production though.

I'll eat foie gras, but what gets me is having chicken wings and they all have the broken wing bone from being clipped, so I know the bird's entire life was completely horrible.
That actually gets to me a bit.

Yeah the 2nd episode was hilarious in parts. I think its getting better, I mean, its very entertaining to watch how some clowns ran a tiny depressed country in the 80's. And I mean CLOWNS!

Exclusive 'behind the music' type post about that song I wrote about 'Charlie'.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So how did this go?

Judging by what I'm observing online,which isnt a whole lot, it was a compete and utter flop.

I wonder what the figures were like for the last episode?

The best thing about it was RTEs excellent hype campaign before hand.
They should keep that guy

A longer series might have done it more justice. It all felt rushed with too much being crammed in too fast ( ooh er )

Each episode felt it was written and directed by a different person

The Haughey/Keane relationship worked quote well.

The ghost of his Ma, the ending on the visual metaphor...hmmm

My estimation of Tom Vaughan-Lawlor's acting skills has gone down.

Finally, wigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back