Charlie (1 Viewer)

Yeah the final episode felt a bit rushed. It wasn't as funny as the 2nd one. It was entertaining, but it could have been more developed character wise. Poor old Lenihan comes off as a Buffoon in every scene.

then headed home to his house in the grounds of abbeville? i did feel for maureen in the programme, a palpable absence
You can understand it though. Terrie Keane was central to the drama and fleshing out the scenes of the private trappings of wealth etc. If they over-played her significance for the sake of the story they did well to leave Maureen out altogether as opposed to including a tepid, bit-part version of her.

Only for the fact we all know he had a family you'd never guess it from the TV show. Was it mentioned at any point that his relationship with Keane was an extra-marital affair?

she referred to herself as a whore. i was wondering if the family were left out because they're still alive.
That's what I was reckoning. Most of the main players in the drama are dead. Except Bertie. And, sure, he gets off scott free.

Whatever about the show, it was a fucking grim time for this country. Those fucking corrupt, incompetent yobs. I'm not sure how I felt about it. Was Charlie a hero? Did he set this country on the road to recovery? But he was also a thief. I don't know, like the man itself, the reality is complicated and a bit of a cunt. And the show wasn't enough of a cunt. ANd there were too many characters, too much crammed in, too man men of a certain age all looking similar, and it kinda assumed you knew all the history already. And Aiden Gillen....can he act? I'm guessing not. Anyone got a rebuttal?

It was a big subject to take on. It was never really going to work, was it?

He was a cunt; the 'road to recovery' he started was basically just a case of 'give the businessmen, bankers, and developers whatever they want, and ask no questions about it' and led to the entire country going bust 20 years later, all overseen by his pal Bertie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back