Charlie (3 Viewers)

I only caught the end. One of them wondered how Haughey would have reacted to the bailout and subsequent handing over of the reins to Europe

I can imagine his ego wouldn't have allowed it

I only caught the end. One of them wondered how Haughey would have reacted to the bailout and subsequent handing over of the reins to Europe

I can imagine his ego wouldn't have allowed it

That was Kathy. It was her one sop to Mary O'Rourke. "What if we'd had a fascist thug at the wheel with the troika in town?" kind of thing.
The contrast being the milquetoast yes-man that we have currently, I guess.

I think I gave up on this series after the first episode
Life is too short for fluff

can't see that link, but cj and mitterand shared a meal on inisvickillane involving blinded songbirds soaked in brandy

Don't know how true this is, but it's very quotable

For centuries, a rite of passage for French gourmets was the eating of the Ortolan. These tiny birds—captured alive, force-fed, then drowned in Armagnac—were roasted whole and eaten that way, bones and all, while the diner draped his head with a linen napkin to preserve the precious aromas and, some believe, to hide from God.

The Wine Spectator

Don't know how true this is, but it's very quotable

For centuries, a rite of passage for French gourmets was the eating of the Ortolan. These tiny birds—captured alive, force-fed, then drowned in Armagnac—were roasted whole and eaten that way, bones and all, while the diner draped his head with a linen napkin to preserve the precious aromas and, some believe, to hide from God.

The Wine Spectator
that's pretty much how the scene played out. either it's true or mitterand managed to spectacularly pull the linen over cj's eyes. apparently, it's the perfect commingling of fat, guts and bones, in a mouthful,

I thought the bird eating scene was great. Gross. Memorable. More of that would make it a better drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back