Censoring (1 Viewer)

mamul

so what yis gonna do when yer kids want to listen to gansta rap or death metal? when i was 12 or so me ma made me return snoops doggystyle cause she thought the dogs tails where cocks. i changed it for ice t's home invasion, which had a brilliant swearathon as an intro...spose what i'm saying is me ma never really had a clue what i was listening to, but i imagine im gonna be a bit more clued up on what mine are into. dont know if ill be able to stop them though. any of yis cross this bridge already? like it cant be good for a kid to listen to necro

yeah its a toughie. i listen to alot of stuff that might carry a parental advisiory tag, and listen to alot of hip hop around my son, sure they play it on the radio anyways. i'm not too worried about curses its more the heavy themes of some stuff. i suppose if they are bright enough they won't be too influenced by the music...i hope

I don't know - it's a tough one. Would you let a 9 year old watch an 18s movie or whatever just cos you watch them? You can't really listen to something with a lot of swearing and then be like 'here you can't say that but it's ok for them to cos it's music?'!!! I'd be more worried about the misogynistic content then swearing though.

The daytime charts are pretty bad for that crap though without having any parental warnings...i remember watching two little girls about 5 years old singing 'I wanna have sex on the beach' on the bus and their ma's thinking this was hilarious. Fucking saps.

my da pulled an eppo on me listening to anthrax once cos
of some pretty minor cursing and my ma did the same about
robot rape guns n roses cover

i turned out alright though

ssd_kids.jpg

i wouldn't mind any kid of mine listening to necro though
as long as it was up to scratch on the classics

I don't know - it's a tough one. Would you let a 9 year old watch an 18s movie or whatever just cos you watch them? You can't really listen to something with a lot of swearing and then be like 'here you can't say that but it's ok for them to cos it's music?'!!! I'd be more worried about the misogynistic content then swearing though.

well see my son is growing up in sweden where english curses are inoffensive and played on the radio at all times of the day. fuck doesnt really carry the same weight over there and in the past theres been mainstream books and films with the f-bomb in the title. so i expect he'll curse like a baltimore police. just once he does't get a pimp complex it will be be alright

my da pulled an eppo on me listening to anthrax once cos
of some pretty minor cursing and my ma did the same about
robot rape guns n roses cover
me auntie got me the lies tape for me 10th birthday. dont think she ever opened up the inlay.

Our son out of the blue asked if we were going to Liverpool soon, y'know to buy t-shirts. Because two of his friends have liverpool/Carlsberg tops.

I changed the subject.

Our son out of the blue asked if we were going to Liverpool soon, y'know to buy t-shirts. Because two of his friends have liverpool/Carlsberg tops.

I changed the subject.

If you supported Liverpool you'd be delighted at that. My Da always tells my cousins to ask their Das (my uncles) about Man Utd just to wind them up. Using the kids to see if he can get them leave their Arsenal and Liverpool upbringing. Talk about family rivilary!!! :) :) Tis funny though

well see my son is growing up in sweden where english curses are inoffensive and played on the radio at all times of the day.

Have you seen this??!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back