Cat Lifestyles (1 Viewer)

The kittens have begun their journeys to their new homes. A trustworthy person we know is having one. Another trustworthy person we know is having two. For her, it's the first cats she's had since her husband died, and her previous ancient cat died. I'm glad for that, she'll be a good cat mum and I can come visit.

That means there's two remaining.

The kittens have begun their journeys to their new homes. A trustworthy person we know is having one. Another trustworthy person we know is having two. For her, it's the first cats she's had since her husband died, and her previous ancient cat died. I'm glad for that, she'll be a good cat mum and I can come visit.

That means there's two remaining.

So now there's one remaining.

In fact, the guy that actually is responsible for the cats took all the kittens and mother away to his gaff (next door). They seemed happy. And then people came and took them and it's all pretty sweet etc.

Then I went away for a few days to watch Die Hard and whatever that new version of Reeling In The Years is called. Apparently, mum cat took the last remaining kitten by the scruff in her teeth, carried it back to my kitchen, and now she, the kitten and for some reason the dad cat (who's also next door, but the other way), have all decided they live here now.

Really, that's what I've been told by my human, rent paying housemates who stayed here over xmas and saw it happen. One day, the mum showed up with kitten in mouth and put it here. The kitten is playful, but a 'fraidy cat, it looks and acts like its father.

Then mum cat has been extraordinarily talkative and affectionate. We were worried she might be pregnant again. Dad cat was lazing around like the proudest cat in the world. I don't think she is. She's not begging for food, they'd eat, but not too much. But she is begging for attention. ALL THE TIME.

THE POINT IS:

I think, and please tell me if I'm mad here, but I think, she has brought the kitten back to us as if we're some kind of preparatory school for the kitten, so that it might better learn how to interact with humans. And that is why mum cat is so affectionate. She's teaching the kid how to beguile the human, so it might find a new home, like all the other siblings. I'm sure I can see the kitten reacting to it.

Hummph, Cats.

Last edited:
Jeffrey had to get a bladder stone removed yesterday. Picking him up later today minus €1,200.

I think I'm in too deep. And I need to have a big chat with my landlord, and probably my accountant. Because pets are expensive. and now I want two. neither fixed as it stands.

I've given the thing a name. And literally everyone said "seanc, careful now". and they were right and I agreed. Not my first nor furriest day at the cat rodeo.

Could be that, a few days from now the cats are all gone. and then what am I?

I've made an attachment, perhaps I shouldn't have, but I have. The fucking floofy goofy attacker of socks.

The kitten has a really cool name that I'm proud of coming up with. The fact it responded to the abbreviated version of it today actually shocked me.

This cat, that I must remind myself is NOT MY CAT, is basically Kate Bush. That explains everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_211716.jpg
    IMG_20230210_211716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
She's not a grandmother yet. Though she is preggers with litter number two. I might actually get to keep one of this litter, if not mumcat herself as well (the guy that owns the cat seems less and less interested in her, I think I might have hurt his feelings by being a decent catsitter).
She seems quite happy here, And telling a cat what to do is a fools game.

In fairness to the man responsible for the cat, she got pregnant again real damn quick. Surprised us all.

pet food in general seems to be getting noticeably pricier too. the cat food we usually get has gone from €20 a box to €27 a box in tesco - but the pet place the other side of the car park was selling it off at 2 for €36.

Mumcat vanished while heavily pregnant. I was very sad and didn't say anything about it here. I'm still sad now, thanks for dragging all that back up.
A few months later Dadcat also vanished. Don't know.

One of the first litter lives nextdoor and does patrols, so I get to see him. He's got his mother's temperament and his father's physique, so that's a win.

I also met two of the other kittens the other day, helping a friend with a house move. FB provides pics of the other two, who also belong to another mate.

But, I must say, it is strongly felt that there is a cat shaped hole in this gaff.

Mumcat vanished while heavily pregnant. I was very sad and didn't say anything about it here. I'm still sad now, thanks for dragging all that back up.
A few months later Dadcat also vanished. Don't know.

One of the first litter lives nextdoor and does patrols, so I get to see him. He's got his mother's temperament and his father's physique, so that's a win.

I also met two of the other kittens the other day, helping a friend with a house move. FB provides pics of the other two, who also belong to another mate.

But, I must say, it is strongly felt that there is a cat shaped hole in this gaff.

Child cat from nextdoor has taken a shine to patrolling my gaff. He was born here after all. So I often find him in the living room or walking the halls. He's currently sitting aloof in the wheelhouse with me, having one of those super alert naps that hunting cats have. Can't do pics as he's got black fur and it's dark. But much happies.

Edit:

Attachments

• IMG_20230919_014926.jpg
    IMG_20230919_014926.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back