Cars (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 216
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
Because, the volvo would eventually cost you a lot more than the punto. More to insure, probably will need parts replaced quicker, not as efficient, harder to park etc.

Also, it only looks like a punto from the outside.

And the Punto has a considerably better trade-in price I'd reckon.

imo I'd totally go for the Volvo though imo

I hear what you're saying Wil, I even know that you're right but I still bet come D-Day I'll throw money down on some fruity looking death trap

I know the Volvo is the more tempting option although I can't imagine choosing the Punto over anything else if you're just going on aesthetics.

Punto's are perhaps the blandest cars around.

If money's no object go for the volvo. I'd just do a check on the insurance if I was you.

yeah but my point is, you're never going to want to trade in the Volvo

the four grand gap is pretty nuts, though I have to say that praticular Punto is priced fairly high from what you'd normally see...

If you're just starting to drive, the punto will cost you around €700 to insure. The Volvo will cost you closer to a grand.

Also, the biggest killer will be petrol. I can't imagine the Volvo would be very efficient.

My car (Yaris) costs around €40 to fill up and lasts around two weeks. I'd imagine the Punto is pretty similar. I would say you wouldn't get much change out of 40 quid a week for the Volvo. So that's 2 grand more than the Punto the Volvo will cost you each year.

First time insurance in that volvo will cost closer to 2K. and yes it will cost a fortune in petrol. When I was shopping around for a car recently we did see this beautiful volvo estate. Top spec, lovely walnut colour, dvd players, the lot and it was cheap. However it had a 3L engine! I'd say it's still in the shop.

currently driving some thing similiar to this and it's great
bn53trx_image1.jpg

How many cans does it take to fill the boot?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

13069396__1188561342__1__1-e5070db2e4a0b2c93e5821f0a33f75b9.__big__.jpg

I have this car a renault 5.
Its 12 years old and i have it for nearly 4 years but i love it and ill never sell it.
It was hardly driven when i got it and now it only has 36,000 miles on it.

Cheap as chips to run and insure.

I really like Renault 5's...for some reason, not sure why

I think they look better with age

If you're just starting to drive, the punto will cost you around €700 to insure. The Volvo will cost you closer to a grand.

Also, the biggest killer will be petrol. I can't imagine the Volvo would be very efficient.

They're not very efficient at all, however, if it was a diesel I'd say go for it. I know 3 people running diesel Volvo estates on used (filtered) chip oil - which makes them much cheaper to run.

I had a '97 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting. Now that was a cheap car to run. Electric Windows, central locking and a leather steering wheel too.

If I needed a car right now I'd probably go for a Fiat Panda, or a Toyota Yaris.

the most uncomfortable car ive ever travelled in

that was in the backseat though- they might be cool to drive?

Fiat 126s look deadly. Poland is full of them

Was that in one of the new ones, or the old Fiat Panda? I'm not big on passenger comfort, mostly I don't like carrying passengers - but I think that may be a result of my past life as the designated driver every weekend.

What about the Fiat Bambino - so cute. I think taking out the back seats and pushing back the front ones would be a must though.

2586194440042332639lUeDMJ_ph.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back