Cars (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 216
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
Micras are for people who should never be allowed anywhere near a car.

:rolleyes:

celebgal_03_clarkson.jpg

Micras are probably good to learn in though - a lot of driving schools use them. Although maybe that's because they're cheap.

In my experience no 2 people ever have the same undesanding of what actually is the right thing to do on a roundabout.

My Understanding:

Going straight through you should use the outside lane
Unless the left lane is reserved for left only
If there are 2 lanes on the far side it is also permissable to use the inside lane to go straight through.

You can use the right hand lane for going straight through too.

Left lane is for first or 2nd exit.
Right lane is for 2nd or subsequent exits.

That's how I was taught too.

"look kids Big Ben! Tower of London... look kids Big Ben! Tower of London... look kids Big Ben! Tower of London... look kids Big Ben! Tower of London... look kids Big Ben! Tower of London..."

a shiny piece of rep to anyone who gets the reference

European Vacation. But it should be "Look, kids. Big Ben, Parliament!"

Micras are probably good to learn in though - a lot of driving schools use them. Although maybe that's because they're cheap.

My sister has one, Ro. They are nice but the steering wheel has an incredibly light touch to it and the pedals are very soft.

I learned to drive in a Yaris and went on to buy one. Great little car. Very nippy and cheap to insure.

Don't they just have intersections instead? A roundabout is fine when it's got traffic lights on it. Otherwise it's a pain. Mostly because people don't seem to know how to use them.

But doesn't having traffic lights on then completely defeat the purpose of having a roundabout in the first place?

But doesn't having traffic lights on then completely defeat the purpose of having a roundabout in the first place?

Probably but they are easier to get around because it eliminates the danger of the guy who doesn't know that you yield to people coming from your right.

The most annoying thing is that you are waiting to go through and there's a car coming from your right. He's not indicating so you assume he's going straight through. If he was indicating to turn left into the exit you are coming out of, you could pull out and get going but he isn't indicating so you assume he's going through.

Until he turns left.
:mad:

The most annoying thing is that you are waiting to go through and there's a car coming from your right. He's not indicating so you assume he's going straight through. If he was indicating to turn left into the exit you are coming out of, you could pull out and get going but he isn't indicating so you assume he's going through.

Until he turns left.
:mad:

i HATE those guys

:mad::mad::mad:

Anyone ever get the urge to drive really fast, close their eyes and just let the car swerve into the next lane to see what happens?

what about forklifts?! i love them. i had a job once where i (and the other student job scheme lads) was allowed to drive the forklift but it had no brakes so if you wanted to stop it you had to stick it in reverse and press the accelorator. it worked as far as i recall

I'm fairly nifty with a forklift. My favourite thing about them is that they can spin on the spot and if you spin fast enough you can lift her onto two wheels. .|..|

My sister has one, Ro. They are nice but the steering wheel has an incredibly light touch to it and the pedals are very soft.

I learned to drive in a Yaris and went on to buy one. Great little car. Very nippy and cheap to insure.

Yeah, I reckon that for the next few years I'll be driving girls cars like the punto i have, or else a yaris, Clio or peugot 209.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back