Cars (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 216
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
I own a car, and have owned one for for years, and have driven it about 10 miles total.

The other half does all the driving. I put the air in the tyres, and pay for half it. I am not into cars at all at all.

I can deal with bikes though. Is there no one into bikes on thumped? (Of the motorised variety.) Bikes are deadly.

This will be my next one I think.
xb9sxnoregol1.jpg

:heart::rolleyes:

Haha, amateurs!
No seriously, learners.. expect everyone else on the road to be an escaped lunatic at all times.
Check over your shoulder before changing lanes.
And for God's sake, look out for the Micras, they're death on wheels.

what about forklifts?! i love them. i had a job once where i (and the other student job scheme lads) was allowed to drive the forklift but it had no brakes so if you wanted to stop it you had to stick it in reverse and press the accelorator. it worked as far as i recall

roundabouts are pressure.

Irish drivers have no idea how to use them

I'm still on my 1st provisional and people with no L-Plates keep blasting me out of it for doing it right

http://www.2pass.co.uk/roundabout.htm

Every morning I have to travel straight through a roundabout so I use the left lane- as shown in this demo- yet everyone, including a passenger i give a lift too (who has a full license), tells me I'm in the wrong lane

I'm not!

Leave me alone

cunts

Every morning I have to travel straight through a roundabout so I use the left lane- as shown in this demo- yet everyone, including a passenger i give a lift too (who has a full license), tells me I'm in the wrong lane

I'm not!

Leave me alone

cunts

I recently explained this to my girlfriends mam (who's almost 60).

Frightening, really.

Yes, you are right.
The best fun ever is when you're in the right-hand (wrong) lane, going straight through a roundabout, and some fucking lunatic motherfucker in a Micra (in the LEFT lane) decides he wants to turn right at the last minute.
Awww yeah.

Irish drivers have no idea how to use them

I'm still on my 1st provisional and people with no L-Plates keep blasting me out of it for doing it right

http://www.2pass.co.uk/roundabout.htm

I'm not!

Leave me alone

cunts

Most roundabouts unless they are quite big seem to have the left lane signposted as left only so in those cases you are supposed to use the inside lane to go straight through even if there is only one exit lanr on the far side.

Completely different to what the rules of the road say but that's the way.

In my experience no 2 people ever have the same undesanding of what actually is the right thing to do on a roundabout.

My Understanding:

Going straight through you should use the outside lane
Unless the left lane is reserved for left only
If there are 2 lanes on the far side it is also permissable to use the inside lane to go straight through.

Roundabout rule:

Left lane for left exit or straight on (unless dedicated left exit lane)
Right lane for right turn or any turn beyond straight through.

You must be careful to exit when in the right hand lane of the roundabout

1/ if the exit is a single lane exit
2/ if you intend crossing to the left lane of a dual lane exit

That's what I was taught anyways

Going straight ahead;
  • Approach in the left-hand lane but do not signal yet.
  • Signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want.
  • You may follow the course shown in the illustration by the broken red line in situations where:
  • the left-hand lane is only for turning left or is blocked or closed, or
  • when directed by a Garda.
roundabout_straight.jpg

Going Straight Ahead
Stay in the left-hand lane, but do not indicate "left" until you have passed the first exit. Where conditions dictate otherwise, you may follow the course shown by the broken red line.

I'm going to print that out and hand it out at roundabouts

You can use the right hand lane for going straight through too.

Left lane is for first or 2nd exit.
Right lane is for 2nd or subsequent exits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back