Cars (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 216
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
wasn't me

i've seen a similar car too- but it had fancy over-rider attachments on the bumpers

are you going metallic orange
stress_car.jpg

He said lose the L plate

my mate is a car freak and owns a bmw m3..
next week im going to be his passenger for a track day in mondello.
i will be wearing a nappy. this car is insanely powerful and fast.
BMW_M3.jpg

I'd love to have a shot at that! not as a passenger though..no way:eek:

also

200px-NumanCars.JPG

BMW_M3.jpg
i know someone who got one of those and did €25k worth of damage to it on his second day of owning it.
he's now bought a porsche 911 GT3.

I'm learning to drive this year and I too have started noticing cars, and watching Top Gear for that matter... I don't understand it but I just laugh when the audience do and feel okay

I've also started to notice how much cars cost too... uh...

The Top Gear tv show is a bit sickening I find. They test cars and talk shite about top speeds of 200 mph and great handling etc. Which are largely irrelevant facts because most people will drive them on motorways and can never go above 70 (except maybe in Germany).

I had a car for a couple of years but ditched it after realising the amount I spent on tax and insurance and fuel was not giving me a good return i.e. I wasn't using it enough. I'm now obsessed with getting a campervan: does the same as a car, for roughly the same cost, can sleep four people and makes espressos!

The Top Gear tv show is a bit sickening I find. They test cars and talk shite about top speeds of 200 mph and great handling etc. Which are largely irrelevant facts because most people will drive them on motorways and can never go above 70 (except maybe in Germany).
would you watch a show which featured sober tests of the latest kia people carrier?

did anyone see them driving to the north pole on top gear the other night?

I did, I thought it was quite good

While I agree with Maims Bond's point, I think it's more car festish culture, why make a car that goes 200+ MPH? Because there is a market for it (for whatever machismo/penis envy/napolean complex you want to blame it on) so why not have a TV show to cater for it? And as a show Top Gear is pretty great, lively presenters, very laid back pally manner, the direction and photography of the wee sequences is amazing (seriously amazing) and even a thicko like me can watch and get some sort of entertaiment value out of it

so boo too car fetish culture, but fair play to the Beeb and Top Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back