• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 216
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 6
heres a pic of me with my motor

paula8.jpg
which one is you?

would you watch a show which featured sober tests of the latest kia people carrier?

ah yeah, i know what you mean. It's entertainment really. But remember the shows from years ago, they actually did genuine road tests on shitty cars like that. Practical things like boot size, fuel efficiency, safety features etc. Pretty boring though. Still though...campervans...is there anything they can't do? Do I need to grow dreads and stop washing if I want a campervan?

I started learning to drive last September. For some reason, in the past few weeks, I've started getting into cars. I bought top gear magazine the other day. Am I normal, or is this the onset of gayness?

exact same thing happened to me. Never had an interest in the slightest til you get close to actually being on the road

I've just started driving recently and did my first Clarkson style "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ENGAGE" in the car the other day when a red light went green at a poxy junction meaning I didn't have to stop and fumble with me gears. My sister looked at me with mild bemusement.

I'm usually smooth enough on the gears, but ask me to pull out of a junction under pressure and hear me roaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to start driving, it's going to be hilarious!!!

KEEP OFF THE ROADS IN '08 KIDS

Mostly I think I'll be sitting in the drive way playing records on the massive stereo system I'm going to install as soon as I pick up some rusted out death trap stylee jalopi

the brother was talking over dinner the other day about making his own biofuel with chip fat, he said it was easy

according to mythbusters,
a diesel engine car can run at 90% efficiency on used vegetable oil. mad innit?!

Yeah quite a few lads in Wales have/have had vans running on veg oil. Some of them were using unused oil but that seems to be a bad idea, although it does work. Filters get clogged pretty fast but they can be sorted by putting a tank of diesel through her(the car) every so often. Some of the lads also used a mixture of veg oil and diesel.

That was during 2004 when Subaru used girls instead of bonnet badges to brand their cars.

Is that not a VW?

anyone like Corollas?

my Dad wants me to take his off his hands. 1999.

I had a 97 estate version, it looked like a cross between a ecto-1 and frog. Good cars if you service them regularly, which I didn't.

I can't wait to start driving, it's going to be hilarious!!!

Take the car into a field, that's how we all learned as kids. We graduated to a track made out of hay bales in our teens. I never got to drive a tractor, which I'm still a bit sore about to this day.

Yeah quite a few lads in Wales have/have had vans running on veg oil. Some of them were using unused oil but that seems to be a bad idea, although it does work. Filters get clogged pretty fast but they can be sorted by putting a tank of diesel through her(the car) every so often. Some of the lads also used a mixture of veg oil and diesel.

Is that not a VW?

I read extensively on this a few years ago. The original diesel engine was designed by a german called Mr Diesel, to run on Veg oil.

Modern turbo engines would probably need very refined veggie diesel as they are quite complex and the timing of the injectors would need to be adjusted. But the upside is when you refine veg oil you get the constituents of soap a la fight club. The filters only get clogged up when you run veg oil for the first while as it cleans all the residue left by regular diesel out of the fuel tank and into the filters.

An old merc, volvo, vw or something robust with a straight diesel engine would run on the veg oil you have in the kitchen, but it needs to be pre-heated to start and it leaves residue different to regular diesel. A dual diesel and veg oil system could be set up. There are a few other complications.

I actually bought a lot of a equipment to have a go at this about 5 years ago but never followed it up. It went in the press with harmonica and the tap shoes. I'll stop talking now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back