Car Insurance Claim query (1 Viewer)

benni

So heres how it goes

Some ladyperon crashed into the back of my car last week. She admitted liability so its all good. Anyway I got a quote from a local garage for repairs and the ladies insurance company sent their assessor out and has agreed a set amount which is cool as it covers all the costs from the local garage.

However I rang today to make an appoinment with said garage and I was told I'd have to wait a week as they have to order a part in. On an offchance a guy in work gave me the number of a garage just down the road from my job and i got in touch - basically they can do the job now which rocks.

Thing is - they are gonna charge me about 400e less. So do I have to inform the insurance company this? Or do i just go ahead and take the cheque that was agreed upon by the first garages quote / their assessor etc even though it leaves me with some cashola - but i dont wanna be breakin no law n shit?

i'd get in touch with the lady herself. at 400 less maybe she can afford to pay it herself and keep the insurance out of it.

you've absolutely no obligation to do it, just spreadin' some good karma (assuming said lady isn't an arsehole)

i'd imagine you could be legally in trouble if you don't declare the price to her insurance company otherwise, plus i imagine they'll need a receipt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back