Cancelled (2 Viewers)

Pete retweeted this earlier. The only reason I bring it up is that the chap in the photo used to be a friend of my wife and her brother. They're not in contact with him any more.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pete retweeted this earlier. The only reason I bring it up is that the chap in the photo used to be a friend of my wife and her brother. They're not in contact with him any more.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was he always a bit off but probably ok or was he a normie who got sucked down a rabbithole?

From what I know, always a bit of a generic mad lad but then went down several rabbit holes, which he climbed out of, just to disappear down a different one. He ended up in court at one time for assaulting previous colleagues from a certain 'church'.

fuckin yikes

One former pupil, Kieran Owens, said: “I recall seeing fellow classmates, for the slightest transgression, being flung across the room, punched or having themselves pulled up out of their seats by the hair of their sideburns.”

Mark Collins, who attended the school between 1980 and 1989, said: “It sounds such a cliche to have a Nazi as a teacher. He was a very unpleasant person. I wasn’t particularly good at French. My abiding memory is of standing at the front of the class and removing every item of clothing that I couldn’t name.”

An anonymous former student said he was also forced to strip off in front of his class because he did not know the French word for certain items of clothing.

Another testified: “He’d grab my hair and rub my nose in my copybook roaring, ‘can you not see your stupid mistakes?’ He then repeated the hair-grabbing and nose-rubbing on the blackboard. All in front of my peers.”

One drew attention to how Feutren was often feted in school publications as a “legend” and a great teacher. The anonymous pupil responded: “Feutren, by the way, was by no means the only teacher who inflicted casual, arbitrary cruelties and insults on pupils at the time, but he was the most insidious of them, in reality a million cold-blooded miles from the person previously described in breathless encomiums by former colleagues.

“What is not often remarked upon, when dealing with dramatic individual cases, is how the toleration of unacceptable behaviour in one person rapidly infects the entire culture of an organisation.”

I recall seeing fellow classmates, for the slightest transgression, being flung across the room, punched or having themselves pulled up out of their seats by the hair of their sideburns
This was fairly standard with some teachers in my secondary school, fwiw. You didn't need to be an actual nazi to be violent with kids

not the only supposed nazi ever to have a hand in ireland's educational system

caitlin moran put it in a similar way; you can distil it all down to just 'don't be a dick'. you don't have to worry about being racist or transphobic or whatever, if how you behave is just being decent to people.
This is also in the DFW movie with Jason Segel - "Just be a good guy"
Really resonated with me, in the simplicity of it

And not a criticism, but you all talk an awful awful lot about what English people do and what they say and so on.
I know a few of you live there, but fucking hell like.
Let them be. They are the furthest from any culture you'd want to imitate or be in thrall to.
Especially if you're Irish.

Like who gives a solitary fuck what is said or isn't said on GB fucking News?

Also, I know this reads kind of like a criticism.

Just an excuse to give out about the brits. I thought you'd be on board with that

I dunno, this feels more participatory to me. Like it matters what they say to each other, when it really really doesn't.
I'm watching ye!

Cos I care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back