Cancelled (2 Viewers)

He said he wouldn't shag journalist Ava Evans live on air
For more context - it wasn't an off-the-cuff comment, he went on a rant about her, and said a few times "what self-respecting man would shag that?"

If you want more context still the video clip is on twitter, and he comes across as a Class A cunt

She always on Piers Morgan's show on Talk TV, but calls herself Ava Santini.

I've just admitted to watching Piers Morgan.

Last edited:
Oh Lozza
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is an awful lot of giving out about men going on in our culture atm, and I find it genuinely upsetting at times. Maybe Real Men have thicker skin, but being constantly told you're the villain stings a sensitive soul like me

But this guy? Pricks like this are why women hate men

There is an awful lot of giving out about men going on in our culture atm, and I find it genuinely upsetting at times. Maybe Real Men have thicker skin, but being constantly told you're the villain stings a sensitive soul like me

I often think of that speech Panti gave at the Abbey before the marriage ref, on the subject of internalised homophobia and how he (she? Panti is a cisgendered gay man named Rory but is the done thing to refer to drag queens when in character as she, I dunno) is homophobic despite being gay and basically how in a homophobic society it's basically impossible to to not be homophobic and it really changed my thinking in terms of unconscious biases, and expanding it beyond homophobia that line of thinking can be applied to things like racism* or misogyny etc.

I don't think that I'm an active, overt misogynist (some people with negative feelings on trans people might disagree) or racist etc but in a misogynistic society there's probably some of it that has seeped in to my behaviours and actions.

But I don't think I, or you for that matter, are the ones being spoken about mainly in the whole "men are shit" discourse, but it doesn't mean that I couldn't be better on this stuff then I am. Irony of it is that I wouldn't expect a lot of the men who are being mainly referred to in that talk would take any of this stuff on board.

* I think the segment of "Review with Forrest McNeill" on racism handles that in a very funny way

I often think of that speech Panti gave at the Abbey before the marriage ref, on the subject of internalised homophobia and how he (she? Panti is a cisgendered gay man named Rory but is the done thing to refer to drag queens when in character as she, I dunno) is homophobic despite being gay and basically how in a homophobic society it's basically impossible to to not be homophobic and it really changed my thinking in terms of unconscious biases, and expanding it beyond homophobia that line of thinking can be applied to things like racism* or misogyny etc.

I don't think that I'm an active, overt misogynist (some people with negative feelings on trans people might disagree) or racist etc but in a misogynistic society there's probably some of it that has seeped in to my behaviours and actions.

But I don't think I, or you for that matter, are the ones being spoken about mainly in the whole "men are shit" discourse, but it doesn't mean that I couldn't be better on this stuff then I am. Irony of it is that I wouldn't expect a lot of the men who are being mainly referred to in that talk would take any of this stuff on board.

* I think the segment of "Review with Forrest McNeill" on racism handles that in a very funny way

Panti is a dickhead though.

But I don't think I, or you for that matter, are the ones being spoken about mainly in the whole "men are shit" discourse
I don't think so either, but that doesn't help, really. Imagine being black in the US in the 70s (or even now) and listening to people talk about black crime rates. If you're not a criminal then they're not talking about you, but it feels like they are

I often think of that speech Panti gave ... and how he is homophobic despite being gay and basically how in a homophobic society it's basically impossible to to not be homophobic
To me that's just a reframing of Original Sin, and essentially meaningless. From a practical perspective looking at the world like that gives people-who-are-trying-to-be-virtuous yet another reason to feel guilty, and everyone else a reason to see them as holier-than-thou

I find it helps if you just get off the internet and mix with real people. Sure they might like the Coronas and go to see Westlife in the Aviva Stadium but they really don't seem to give a shit about "the culture".

I try to keep it uncomplicated. Stick to the, treat other people as you would like to be treated, as much as possible. But accept that you'll be grumpy sometimes. I don't have time or energy to change the world.

caitlin moran put it in a similar way; you can distil it all down to just 'don't be a dick'. you don't have to worry about being racist or transphobic or whatever, if how you behave is just being decent to people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back