Canadian Girl, Visiting Dublin (1 Viewer)

helena kim said:
there's underground tunnels between most of the kildare street government buildings and the national museum. rumour down the smoking room has it they're filled with museum overflow in the form of pickled pigs in jars. tasty.

i heard it was all nuclear fallout shelters down there? i heard that when i was shooting up in the dail bar.

pickled pigs=dead cops? :confused:

RAD-ALARM said:
nope nothing techno - hardcore and metal and second hand vinyl. dunno if you'll find much One Life Crew or anything though...j-j--j-j-joke. check out soundcellar too for metal. it's below Subway on nassau street.

andrew

haha, fuck why was that a joke? because i already have it? haha

E Money 204 said:
haha, fuck why was that a joke? because i already have it? haha

um...i mean....i'm good at reading?

you guys are awesome for helping out so much

what street is the "secret book and record shop" and "bruxelles" on?

and is there somewhere other than these places where i could run into some cool HC kids at all?

i don't wanna spend a week by my lonesome, haha

Members of 'The Scangers', possibly one of the last remaining indigenous tribes in Dublin City Centre, can be found very close to Gardiner Street. They're a real friendly bunch, completely at odds with a progressive society and well worth talking to.

hey - yer best off checking out the other Eirecore board here - that's where the punk kids are.
bruxelles is off grafton st, very easy to find
secret book and record shop is on wicklow st (riiight?) and is also off grafton st

there may or may not be a GZ (gigs/club) on the thursday while yer here - best off finding out is on eirecore

andrew

If you're here next week, GZ are having a night on Monday... there's a band from the States called Lonesome Diner playing. And they have another night on Thursday.

Both are in the Music Room which above the Firestone pub which is across the road from the Abbey Theatre (which is on the northside of the Liffey - off O'Connell Street).

For really dark metal, check out Dominion which is downstairs in Frazer's at the end of O'Connell Street (the opposite end to the river). That's on every Saturday.

minka said:
they move trains down it! but not with people on them (well, actually, there's obviously a driver, they're not some kind of sinister possessed train). i have no idea why they don't use it for passenger trains. they could come in to heuston and go on to connolly, and vice versa. the excitement.

my crazed boyfriend walked down it once, just, you know, to see.

it's nuts isn't it? But then this is Irish Rail we're discussing and if they can un-accommodate us, they will. The 90 bus down the jammers quays linking Hueston and Connolly is a deadly alternative to using the tunnel for trains though - so we really shouldn't complain.

E Money 204 said:
PS - i'm staying on Lower Gardiner St. sty Abraham House....is that close to anything?

yep, that's pretty much right in the city centre, you'll be able to walk to anywhere you want to go from there.

minka said:
they move trains down it! but not with people on them (well, actually, there's obviously a driver, they're not some kind of sinister possessed train). i have no idea why they don't use it for passenger trains. they could come in to heuston and go on to connolly, and vice versa. the excitement.

my crazed boyfriend walked down it once, just, you know, to see.

apparently (huh, "apparently"; you can tell this is just some urban myth straight off) the last time it was used for someone who wasn't an employee of iarnrod eireann was when john paul uimhir a do visited in 1979, and they got him to the phoenix park through it, megastar-style.

i have a feeling it was a thumped-ite who told me this in the first place... can anyone confirm?

Maybe there should be a flash mob in the tunnel. Then seal off both ends, sorted. In fifty years' time we have a great new tourist attraction.

kirstie said:
it's nuts isn't it? But then this is Irish Rail we're discussing and if they can un-accommodate us, they will. The 90 bus down the jammers quays linking Hueston and Connolly is a deadly alternative to using the tunnel for trains though - so we really shouldn't complain.

here Kirstie

how long does that bus take to get Heuston to Connolly?

will have to start using the service in a couplea months

Canadian Girl

Hey, there'll probably be at least one gig on while you're over here so you should keep an eye on the Eirecore board on this site for upcoming gigs.
The Secret Record shop mentioned before is probably the best place in Dublin for the stuff you might be interested in, I dunno the name of the street its on but I know its just off Grafton Street, like the other person almost beside Tower Records and down this wee corridor.
And by the way, Belfast is the most youth-crew place in Ireland, theres even a house dedicated to it.

Cormcolash said:
And by the way, Belfast is the most youth-crew place in Ireland, theres even a house dedicated to it.

This is true.

Attachments

• bych.jpg
    bych.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 66
nlgbbbblth said:
here Kirstie

how long does that bus take to get Heuston to Connolly?

will have to start using the service in a couplea months

I'm not really sure, I suppose it would depend on the time o day and all that. I never use it, I get the train from pearse like. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back