Canadian Girl, Visiting Dublin (2 Viewers)

E Money 204

i'm leaving next week for germany but i'll be in ireland and scotland for a while too....so if any of you knwo fo anything i should check out PLEASE let me know. i've had basically no luck with people getting back to me.
Friendster / MSN: [email protected]
AIM: E Money 204

my name's Esther by the way.

seriously, i feel like everyone's a dick cause no one ever gets back to me. it would be rad if someone could even just point out a cool record shop.

E Money 204 said:
i'm leaving next week for germany but i'll be in ireland and scotland for a while too....so if any of you knwo fo anything i should check out PLEASE let me know. i've had basically no luck with people getting back to me.

seriously, i feel like everyone's a dick cause no one ever gets back to me. it would be rad if someone could even just point out a cool record shop.

..golden disks is great. closely followed by dolphin disks.

Whatever you do don't get a job on Irish radio. We've enough fucking Canadians on our airwaves thank you very much. Aboot this, aboot that, aboot the other, oot now etc... And they all love the Pixies. What is it about Canada and the Pixies?

Alan Latchley said:
Whatever you do don't get a job on Irish radio. We've enough fucking Canadians on our airwaves thank you very much. Aboot this, aboot that, aboot the other, oot now etc... And they all love the Pixies. What is it about Canada and the Pixies?

i have no idea. i don't really care for them. though i mostly only listen to hardcore. and don't worry about me on the radio, i'll only be there for a week or so

Best record shop is Road Records. Lovely staff and great selection of Irish underground music. As does Tower records and City Discs. All quality shops.

Best boozer: The Long Hall or upstairs in The Lord Edward.

Best Irish Person: Me

Best Place for Rad Alarm: Limerick

Basically get your hands on a copy of The Dublin Event Guide when you get here. It's free and comprehensive. You'll get a copy of it beside the door in Tower.

And that's that. Grand so.

E Money 204 said:

You might be interested in the Fallout Fest thats happening this weekend- details on the news page over on eirecore
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=14

if yer into hardcore, the secret book and record shop is good.
it's on the same street as tower records and you have to go down a little corridor and through a book shop to get to it.

andrew
ps - hi VD.

RAD-ALARM said:
if yer into hardcore, the secret book and record shop is good.
it's on the same street as tower records and you have to go down a little corridor and through a book shop to get to it.

andrew
ps - hi VD.

i'll definatly check it out...but hardcore like techno or hardcore like youth crew and mosh? i'm looking for the latter....but i think over there it's more related to techno? am i wrong?

nope nothing techno - hardcore and metal and second hand vinyl. dunno if you'll find much One Life Crew or anything though...j-j--j-j-joke. check out soundcellar too for metal. it's below Subway on nassau street.

andrew

Alan Latchley said:
What do they use the tunnel for?

Is it a secret passage for train drivers? Or is just for the catering staff?

Used to be for rail link between the two stations. Fell into disrepair or something and was abandoned but they're looking into re opening it. That or river boats on the liffey up towards Tara St/IFSC.

Alan Latchley said:
What do they use the tunnel for?

Is it a secret passage for train drivers? Or is just for the catering staff?

they move trains down it! but not with people on them (well, actually, there's obviously a driver, they're not some kind of sinister possessed train). i have no idea why they don't use it for passenger trains. they could come in to heuston and go on to connolly, and vice versa. the excitement.

my crazed boyfriend walked down it once, just, you know, to see.

kstop said:
There's the tunnel between Connolly and Heuston, that's kindof a subway.

there's underground tunnels between most of the kildare street government buildings and the national museum. rumour down the smoking room has it they're filled with museum overflow in the form of pickled pigs in jars. tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back