Bulmers (2 Viewers)

It's possible I dreamt this but i think that they're getting rid of Magners and are switching to Bulmers everywhere. Perhaps the other brewery has closed or something. Again, it was possibly a dream I had. A foolish dream.

I drank Strongbow as aprotest when i lived in Wales.

fucking white lightening mate.

DSC01492.jpg

according to the news tonight, our bad summer is having a very bad effect on our nation's bulmers drinking:

rté business news said:
Weather warning flattens C&C shares
Friday, 13 July 2007 17:34

Shares in drinks group C&C tumbled by more than 15% in Dublin after it lowered its estimate of cider sales for its current financial year because of the bad weather this summer.

Its shares closed down 15%, or €1.59, at €8.55 in Dublin this afternoon, wiping more than €500m off its value.

In a statement issued ahead of its AGM in Dublin, the company said very poor weather in June and into July was likely to lead to a weak second quarter. It also referred to heavy price competition in the drinks market, which would lead to flat profits this year blah blah..

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/0713/candc.html

night nurse and drowsy cough bottle sales are through the roof though.

I don't like Strongbow as it is a white dry cider, had to drink it at last years Wasted Punk fest for 4 days in a row day and night as did most other Punks judging by the way it ran out in each of the bars by sunday one by one.

Which is brewed by Bulmers (UK)

As far as I know, way back there was Bulmers. The company, based in Ireland, also had UK operations. Somewhere along the way, the UK arm was made into a seperate company/sold off. They retained the right to use the Bulmers name in the UK (possibly worldwide?), but were a completely seperate company than Bulmers in Ireland. Which is why Bulmers as we know it here cannot be sold in the UK as Bulmers. Hence Magners.

But yes, it does seem that the UK Bulmers cider is being pushed as Magners has proved so popular (I don't think there has always been a Bulmers brand cider in the UK, but they did produce other ciders, such as Strongbow)

The way I was told it by a Bulmers(magners) rep was the Henry Bulmer and William Magner started the company Bulmers Cider together back in the day but then parted ways with Magner retaining the use of the name bulmers or the company in Ireland. Bulmer than registered the name bulmers for UK and US (not sure where else) and hence Magner only uses Bulmers in Ireland.

I think the confusion arises from the fact that Bulmer UK uses a very similar logo and bottle to Bulmer/Magner's IRL, in order to cash in on Magner's huge success in the UK the last few years.

I think the confusion arises from the fact that Bulmer UK uses a very similar logo and bottle to Bulmer/Magner's IRL, in order to cash in on Magner's huge success in the UK the last few years.

It used to be blue if I remember correctly. Found this on the net:

Locos is gearing up for a long hot Summer term with our new offering "Bulmers Original" brand Cider. This classic English Cider has been around for almost 200 years and was re-released as a direct competitor to the popular Magners Irish Cider. Like Magners, it best served over ice, as a perfect refreshing drink on a hot day. Bulmers Original has been rasing its profile in the last year with some sleek funny advertising campaigns with the slogan 'Born for Ice'. Thanks to improved purchasing arrangements made directly with makers Scottish and Newcastle brewers, Locos is able to offer pint bottles of Bulmers for a standard price of only £2.60, a full 20p cheaper than the price of Magners in other campus outlets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back