Broadband (1 Viewer)

Does anyone know what the story is with Smart telecom. Is it a good idea to start using that or no? Its been a while since that dispute, is it all settled now, or could it fire up again?

Imagine and NTL don't have cap monitors on their service. DL away...
I have NTL and they definally have a cap of 30gig a month on it..

The Smart site doesn't seem to work for me (in Firefox or Explorer).

Who else offers an unlimited download (in Dublin)?

Does anyone know what the story is with Smart telecom. Is it a good idea to start using that or no? Its been a while since that dispute, is it all settled now, or could it fire up again?
They were taken over by a millionaire and their basic package from jan 1st will be 4mb and 39.99/

We've been using NTL in galway for a while. No cap although we did get a letter in the post from them one month when we downloaded about 150gig in short order. Tech support is a pain in the arse - never been able to get through to them.

We've been using NTL in galway for a while. No cap although we did get a letter in the post from them one month when we downloaded about 150gig in short order.

Yeah - i got a letter too and they pointed on on their website the caps.

What NTL package do u have?

Heres what I pay for :

ntl Broadband:
  • 3Mb downstream; 300k upstream
  • 24 hour online connection - no time restrictions
  • No telephone line required
  • 30Gb usage limit
  • Up to 5 email addresses
I can't find any no cap service from them..

Cool Link...thanks..

From that Info I'm definally thinking about going to Smart.

Fuck NTL and their Cap.

I think we are on of the few places that they Still Cap downloads..

As Far as i know the same NTL package in the UK has unlimited D/Ls..

Yeah - i got a letter too and they pointed on on their website the caps.

What NTL package do u have?

Heres what I pay for :

ntl Broadband:
  • 3Mb downstream; 300k upstream
  • 24 hour online connection - no time restrictions
  • No telephone line required
  • 30Gb usage limit
  • Up to 5 email addresses
I can't find any no cap service from them..
Yeah, we had the 6MB package at the time, was a 60mb cap. On the 2MB package now, 16gb cap but we download constantly and haven't gotten a letter since that first one. Thinking of upgrading to the 6mb package again, or else switching to someone else, this 200k upstream is driving me nuts - taking too long to get a good ratio going on uknova.

I've been with Imagine for over a year now and I've found it great.
It's 9.99 for the basic ADSL package 1mB down / 128Kb up but we normally get twice that for some reason.
The upload speed is a pain if you're ftp'ing stuff though.
Only a couple of days downtime in total so far and that was due to our phoneline getting wrecked in a storm.

I use Imagine as well, never had a problem.

im looking into getting broadband for the parents - they'll only not hate it if they can use skype and instant message the emigrant children and that sorta thing. does skype work with this imagine package? would the next one up (2mB down / 256Kb up) be more reliable i wonder? i have trouble with skype on 3mB up/down irish broadband... and do you know off the top of your head are these call charges cheaper than eircom?

is anyone elses irish broadband not working? fucking thing. i was at home all day yesterday evening with no internet.
entire IBB network is degraded at moment due to traffic light interference. they're working on getting it fixed.

skype will never work well with wireless internets. callcosts.ie for price comparison on voice + BB packages.

I hear ray darcy has one of the eircom guys on the show trying to ring broadband support. The guy was denying there's any kind of waiting on the line time involved, so they have him ringing in live on air. Can't hear it as i've no radio at work, would love to though. Had eircom phone account for a month before and wasted probably six or seven hours on hold to the cunts. Anyone able to listen to it? Would love to know how it goes.

honestly, i love that guy.
NCH%20Ray%20D%27Arcy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back