Broadband?? (2 Viewers)

do they put it on the roof then? That would be good. We can't have things on the walls outside, the building code forbids it, so we ended up with telephoney broadband.

THRILLHO said:
Yeah, but there's a load of dishes and antennae up on the roof already for Sky Digital and stuff, so I'm guessing (hoping!) there's no problem with getting them installed in my place.

to thrillo

Can i take a moment to congratulate you on your excellant plant maintainence- well done that person

that looks like a nice gaff

yeah! they have beedin' MILLINS don't they? Oft times I envy those people their terrace-y thing. We have no such plant type area. But we do have a roof garden with a deadly view. Which we never actually use.

johnnystress said:
to thrillo

Can i take a moment to congratulate you on your excellant plant maintainence- well done that person

that looks like a nice gaff

kirstie said:
do they put it on the roof then? That would be good. We can't have things on the walls outside, the building code forbids it, so we ended up with telephoney broadband.
I spoke to Dian (no "e") in IBB and she told me they put the thing on the roof because it generally doesn't work off the side of the building. So if you've got roof access, you're laughing.

Johnnystress: cheers!

kirstie said:
yeah! they have beedin' MILLINS don't they? Oft times I envy those people their terrace-y thing. We have no such plant type area. But we do have a roof garden with a deadly view. Which we never actually use.

I'm lucky to have moved on from the flat-ular existence- i have a nice gaff with a garden and all

but its really just for the dog to shit in, and the houseplants are there for the cats to kill

But if Thrillho has that balcony flat s/hes a lucky guy/girl

i'd say you could eavesdrop on all the wino conversations below

" i coulda been a contender" and other heartbreaks

nah that's not theirs, at least I don't think it is.
I have about 2 more years in flat-existence and then we look for a little house, with yard, so we can have cats.
johnnystress said:
I'm lucky to have moved on from the flat-ular existence- i have a nice gaff with a garden and all

but its really just for the dog to shit in, and the houseplants are there for the cats to kill

But if Thrillho has that balcony flat s/hes a lucky guy/girl

i'd say you could eavesdrop on all the wino conversations below

" i coulda been a contender" and other heartbreaks

kirstie said:
nah that's not theirs, at least I don't think it is.
I have about 2 more years in flat-existence and then we look for a little house, with yard, so we can have cats.

have you seen the mad couple on Oxmantown Road, the ones with their homemade cctv?
They keep their cats attached to ropes out the front of their gafff ! The cats seem happy enough mind

cats are pretty fucking lazy- ours sleep all the time- lucky bastards- so I reckon they wouldnt mind living in a flat at all

no? Jaysis!

Ah our flat is too small for cats right now, we've only got one bedroom. And I'd be getting 2 for company cos we're both out all day. So we'll have to wait a while yet.

johnnystress said:
have you seen the mad couple on Oxmantown Road, the ones with their homemade cctv?
They keep their cats attached to ropes out the front of their gafff ! The cats seem happy enough mind

cats are pretty fucking lazy- ours sleep all the time- lucky bastards- so I reckon they wouldnt mind living in a flat at all

nlgbbbblth said:
Esat BT, had them for dial-up.
appalling customer service, had billing issues because I dared to move house but emails directly to the CEO resolved things.

went for the broadband free trial, and stayed with them. Still haven't been charged yet

should be €40 p.m.

hmmm,
came home from work earlier to find a pushy letter from Esat BT saying I owed 'em €176. Which is close enough for four months of broadband usage. The cunts sent me no bills since I started the service and I did sign a new DD mandate so I don't know what their cunting problem is.

and none of this can be resolved till Monday

gRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

pricks

kirstie said:
no? Jaysis!

Ah our flat is too small for cats right now, we've only got one bedroom. And I'd be getting 2 for company cos we're both out all day. So we'll have to wait a while yet.

We recently had a house debate over getting a kitten. I objected as a) we are renting, and cats don't like moving house and b) someone would have to take responsibility for the creature for the next 15 or so years.

Broke my heart so it did, nothing would be cuter and funner than a kitten but I think it was the correct decision.

*sniff*

Er, moving away from the subject of cats, I've just got my first statement from UTV internet since changing the line rental over to them and it's €10 dearer than Eircom! Surely they should have informed me of this before getting me to change over?

EDIT: Oh, it's a cross-over in the middle of the month thing.

As you were...

how much is it per month??
Catwoman said:
Er, moving away from the subject of cats, I've just got my first statement from UTV internet since changing the line rental over to them and it's €10 dearer than Eircom! Surely they should have informed me of this before getting me to change over?

kirstie said:
how much is it per month??
Got a bill for nearly €70 which was a bit of a shock, and €35 for line rental sent me over the edge. Was all 'why wasn't I told about this increase?!' to the accounts fella, who then informed me about the change-over thing. Very sheepish now...

they moved our line as well - but I didn't think it was that dear. So, they're charging 50 per 2 months line rental, is that right?

Catwoman said:
Got a bill for nearly €70 which was a bit of a shock, and €35 for line rental sent me over the edge. Was all 'why wasn't I told about this increase?!' to the accounts fella, who then informed me about the change-over thing. Very sheepish now...

kirstie said:
they moved our line as well - but I didn't think it was that dear. So, they're charging 50 per 2 months line rental, is that right?

About that, yeah. They said monthly it's 24.18, which is what I was paying with Eircom. The next bill will be back to normal - 35 for broadband and 24.18 for line rental. That's ok...

Oh right, I get you. Grand so.

Catwoman said:
About that, yeah. They said monthly it's 24.18, which is what I was paying with Eircom. The next bill will be back to normal - 35 for broadband and 24.18 for line rental. That's ok...

I just got an email this morning from BT saying "your order is complete" and the more i think of it the more i think my broadband trial could be up around now, would a swift call change anything? Moving out of the flat with the BB pretty soon like, worst case scenario do ye think they'd let me transferr the account to the new address?

*cue converstion about cats picking up where it left off*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back