Broadband advice (2 Viewers)

Chorus are pretty reliable if you have access to them. Only ever went down a couple of times on me. It's useful to note that they require a contract for a year. However, they don't require this to be signed before connection so you can just bin it and they never chase you up for it.

anyone have thoughts on NTL? good bad indifferent?
specifically:
http://www.ntl.ie/internet/max/

I have broadband via NTL. The service is fine. Never had a problem with it (unlike their TV service).

I don't have the wireless version although I'm getting the Apple Airport Express adaptor to sort that. You probably have PC though.

The wireless NTL package should be fine.

I have broadband via NTL. The service is fine. Never had a problem with it (unlike their TV service).

It doesn't go down often but if there is a problem their customer service is shit.

Also it looks like they traffic shape if u like to use Bit torrent.

It doesn't go down often but if there is a problem their customer service is shit.

Also it looks like they traffic shape if u like to use Bit torrent.

yeah? that would be shit. isn't that what people use broadband for? is this the experience of everyone using ntl? isn't there a box to tick in your client that does some encryption thingie to prevent such an occurence?

They can block ports and limit the download speeds a hell of a lot to stop you rom using it. They can't block it totally but they can nix it to make you not want to use it at all.

How is it any of their business what you choose to use the internet for?

i found this yoke a while back - its setting for utorrent for if you think your bit-torrenting is interfered with. i think it said something about using a high port number because shaping only works on lower ports - i could have dreamt that though.

utorrent6hf.jpg

How is it any of their business what you choose to use the internet for?

They have to manage the traffic because they have limited capacity.

A mate once had his bband cut off because his flatmates computer was using 2% of Clearwire’s entire capacity. (People shouldn’t leave their Limewire on 24/7)

I'm on imagine. Never had a single problem with them. The one time the network went down for upgrades they notified all customers a week in advance and it was only for about an hour or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back