BREXIT (11 Viewers)

I agree with about 90% of this.

I liken my interest in limey affairs to something more akin to being nosey about some formally wealthy snobby cunty nextdoor neighbors who are generally disliked in the neighborhood and whom we strongly suspect are into incest and animal cruelty...as opposed to some hot girl who can't pronounce my name.

It's a natural curiosity, especially with all the shenanigans we can hear through the party wall.

Also,and this admittedly is the lesser reason,it's our duty as members of a democratic republic to keep abreast of affairs that may have impact on our system.

yes - unfortunately we may dislike them, but what they do or dont do affects us.

I've grown fond of some of them. I've been with one for 6 years now.
Was it for this the wild geese spread
The grey wing upon every tide;
For this that all that blood was shed,
For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
All that delirium of the brave?
Romantic Ireland’s dead and gone,
It’s with O’Leary in the grave.

The tory voting base is shifting sorta fast i suppose.

From Cameron Standing down, to Cameron* walking back in the door the evolution has gone from having to out-brexit the previous PM to having to out-Brexit, out-racist and out-gender politics the last PM.

The tory circus of continually mid cycle having a bigger public fight takes up valuable real estate on everything from tabloid to tik tok and it's effectivness in nuetering the elections is rattling along nicely for them. The wokes are such a bankable ticket for PR they've effectively been given a job now.

*it was pointed out by a mate very astutely that the brexit manifesto of getting rid of these unelected eurocrats has cycled round to unelected cameron literally walking into downing street.

you mean the general public tory voting base, or tory member voting base? because i understand it's the latter who will react better to braverman than the general joe soap.

In the short term the tory members, in the long (well till next election) she'll reposition for the wider base if she ousts him anyways. If her or whoever (they might process another, who knows...) can hang on till may 2025 (4 months after the next election) 15 years of tory mid term baton passing will have taken place. Cameron phase 1 started 2010. That adminstration is a fucking mess.

Strange question here, but what is Rwanda actually like?

People are knocking it, because sending people to Rwanda is a terrible idea, but that's also vaguely racist. Has anyone here been there? Much hand-wringing by everyone.

I've been to Luton. Good Wetherspoons is damning with faint praise. Spoons is the only place to go to for a porcine based breakfast though. Odd place. Haven't worked at a game there yet.

Strange question here, but what is Rwanda actually like?

People are knocking it, because sending people to Rwanda is a terrible idea, but that's also vaguely racist. Has anyone here been there? Much hand-wringing by everyone.
I was told by some customers I had ,who went there traveling,that its actually a lovely place. Kigali is supposed to be gorgeous and obviously its got beautiful countryside.

And people there are EXTRA nice to each other and visitors because of the great efforts at reconciliation they've had to make.

I wouldn't expect Yee to be watching the Autumn statement, but my takeaway from it is apparently I'm a few hundred pounds better off.

Do I care or am I impressed? No. Fuck these cunts. I'd rather have a DENTAL PLAN.

my wife was watching a program last night, featuring Kevin McCloud, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, and Mary Portas, examining why britain was failing so badly at meeting climate commitments; and they went hot and hard at the tory government.
criticising them for not just failing on climate, but on measures that would save the public money. must see if i can watch it properly (i was painting walls so getting the audio in fits and starts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back