BREXIT (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure if UK voters even care anymore they will say "just get on with it" like it's none of there business or there vote won't change anything anyway. I suspect they would all probably like to forget about politics and focus on celebrity gossip and football instead and I wouldn't blame them either.

the brits have proven over and over again that the majority of them are thick / ignorant / arent educated enough.

i actually cant fathom why anyone who isnt a richo or from posh / very affluent backgrounds would vote conservative. i mean, they literally have no respect for those less well off than them. they are the ultimate snobs and it is consistently laughable that moronic people keep voting for them. iike Boris gives a single fuck about any of them. well, less laughable and more sad and pathetic these days. as long as they keep poor people dumb they will prevail

Oh yeah absolutely the Tories consider themselves to be something very much other than the "ordinary person" watching Johnson being elected PM by the conservative party members in the summer was very much like a private group working in its own interests.

Corbyn's complicit in the whole Brexit mess.
AWOL for the original vote. Prevaricating for this one. Gifting them both to the other side.
An utter disaster of a leader.

It's your basic Shakespearean tragedy.
mmm yeah but in fairness, anytime I look into the actual economics of the EU I very quickly form the opinion that the whole thing is a stich-up by Germany to benefit only themselves and we should all get the fuck out ASAP, but my non-economic brain is going "it's better to be friends than start shooting each other again," so i'm quite forgiving of people who are not wholly pro-EU.

I also don't see him as a disaster of a leader except that he's possibly too much too soon for the largely right-wing new-labour base that was the labour cabinet he inherited.

Last edited:
Reads a bit conspiracy-ish but probably some level of truth to it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get that it's very difficult to have any sympathy for a country that re-elects Johnson.

As low as an opinion as I have of the US, I don't believe they'll put TD back in charge. Johnson is arguably much worse than TD. Johnson looks like he'll finish the job Thatcher started, profoundly damage society in the UK, damage the NHS, damage their economy, potentially blow the ceasefire up north.

And the English will vote for this, by a huge margin. The Scottish and NI won't, but England will.

I can't figure out if they don't care? Or don't think these things will happen? Or they genuinely trust Johnson and think he'll do a good job?

I don't get it, and for some reason it's upsetting to watch.

C'mere, you know those tweets claiming that the kid sleeping on the floor of Leeds hospital was staged? And the way that they all have the same content etc? Could the Tories actually seriously be running propaganda-bot campaigns on twitter?

If they are then the UK is in worse trouble than I thought (and so are we)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back