BREXIT (12 Viewers)

he does like his photos with pints

he describes himself as a "boozer" Nigel Farage: 'I am a boozer, not an alcoholic'

maybe now a fear in ukip camp of loss of members. in the european parliament period from 2009 - 2014, 5 of their members left the party (2 to form their own parties, 1 to go independent and 2 to join the conservatives) though 1 mep joined them from the conservatives also. That is out of 13 seats that 5 left them in 2009 - 2014 term.

in the current term so far, they've only lost 2 meps, 1 was expelled for serious financial irregularities, the other joined the conservatives.

Farage is hardly the only one I how many resignations have there been in the UK govrment in the past week 10 - 20 ? I dont usually follow UK politics much.

So the current front runners for PM didn't/don't agree with the Good Friday Agreement and want to leave the European Convention on Human Rights?

This is turning into a machiavellian caricature of the Tory party. Just call a general election for fuck sakes, before you do anything really stupid you daft cunts.

Bring back the Thick of It please.

saying that what good a general election would be I don't know, but I can't think of anything else after looking down the path they are currently on.

brexit-cat.jpg

From Broadsheet.

Eh. New Brexit minister interview with Sky raising a couple of eyebrows.

Murnaghan Interview with David Davis, MP, Secretary of State for Brexit, 17.07.16

Couple of quotes that stand out:

On Ireland

"One of our really challenging issues to deal with will be the internal border we have with Southern Ireland and we’re not going to go about creating other internal borders inside the United Kingdom. "

On making deals before invoking article 50.

"Liam is going around the world, he is going to be making trade deals, huge trade deals all over the place and when we get … but none of them can come into effect whilst we’re inside the European Union.

DERMOT MURNAGHAN: You’re not meant even to be talking to them.

DAVID DAVIS: Well that’s what they say, they can’t tell us who to talk to but what are they are going to do … ?

DM: Throw us out?

DAVID DAVIS: Exactly! So we’re talking to large numbers of people who all want to help and we’ll get a very, very large trade area, much bigger than the European Union, probably ten times the size."

It's def an odd turn of phrase. Doesn't 'Southern Ireland' rub people up the wrong way too? (I'm a nordie and plead ignorance.)

I don't know what he's talking about in the main, but the line "much bigger than the European Union, probably ten times the size" puts him in the Boris/Trump bracket of just throwing out hyperbolic shite.

Not really the evidence of level headed, pragmatic, intelligence I was hoping for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back