BREXIT (17 Viewers)

pssYl

I'm seeing way more logical arguments and reasons to remain since the vote than before it. It appears to me that the media got caught up in the Brexit headlines and click bait. The Remain arguments weren't sexy enough. Even down to the wording, it was always "Leave/Remain" never "Remain/Leave", this may seem small but when heard over and over again it implies that the first option is the right one.
Mainly all I heard was "experts say stay". So vague. Well too vague for the electorate anyway.

got attacked on twitter yesterday by a has-been 90s comedian. At first I thought he'd gotten the wrong person. His tweet was 'Took any in yet? Doubt it. Look at me, look at me. Donut.'

I also responded to a tweet by Peter Sutherland. His tweet was something along the lines of 'there has to be a second referendum'.

Who was the comedian? His use of 'took' rather than 'taken' jars.

Sutherland is an awful person who has obviously had an attack of conscience in his later years and decided he's gonna 'save the world'. I'd much rather you slid back into your hole and spared us the piety Mr. S. (S for Sutherland, not Scutter).

Sutherland says Ireland should align itself to EU's ‘inner core’

Deny one of our largest trading partners access to the single market? Makes sense. Align ourselves to the 'inner core' which nailed us to the wall a few years back? Wonderful idea.

Who was the comedian? His use of 'took' rather than 'taken' jars.

Lee Hurst. From that programme with Gary Lineker, They Think its all Over

had to do a double-take when I saw it. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him. Obviously had a cracking career since then.

Lee Hurst! Holy smokes.

I had to search him out after that. He seems...uppity. Almost made me feel sorry for Gary Lineker having that tit still clinging on to him.

Another shitshow today. These tories are fucking mutants.

Tories returned or a hung parliament. There's no winning.

On the other hand... EU opens new phase in Turkey membership bid talks - BBC News

The Brexiteers will be saying "I told you so".

Sturgeon doesn't seem to be having much success selling the Scottish case for continued EU membership, she's even resorted to trying to get Enda Kenny onside, desperate times indeed.

Tories returned or a hung parliament. There's no winning.

On the other hand... EU opens new phase in Turkey membership bid talks - BBC News

The Brexiteers will be saying "I told you so".

Sturgeon doesn't seem to be having much success selling the Scottish case for continued EU membership, she's even resorted to trying to get Enda Kenny onside, desperate times indeed.

Turkey are miles off though. I heard they've ticked off one piece of criteria from hundreds.

It's certainly not imminent, the optics of it aren't great though.
Then there's further moves towards an EU army

EU global strategy: ‘We must be ready to go beyond NATO’

'More Europe' seems to be the answer to everything.
I thought the UK already got out of any involvement in an EU army. That it would be eurozone countries, rather than EU countries (those using the euro).

Brits love an auld war though so not sure why they wouldn't be up for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back