BREXIT (14 Viewers)

As a "designer" I've been trying to make something, this is all I've come up with. Also applies to a place where one person with a gun can have so much power.
ppn4A

But disregard for the working class is what's got us here. It is stored up trouble.

I'll repeat myself. My comment related to this referendum specifically. It was not a general comment. Your own post that included the FT excerpt vindicates this. People were led to believe they were voting for something other than what was actually being voted on (or the consequences/implications thereof).

I never suggested disregarding the working class. I suggested not allowing this to go to a vote because the working class would (misguidedly) cause the outcome that did happen. There are/have to be other ways the will and opinions of working class people could have been listed to, and acted upon.

A lot of other pieces I've read today also concur with this. One comment I did read, and that I'd not considered before, that there is also merit in is, perhaps disenfranchised, working class people are so close to breaking point they thought, fuck-it, what have we got to lose.

I never suggested disregarding the working class. I suggested not allowing this to go to a vote because the working class would (misguidedly) cause the outcome that did happen.

Isn't that one and the same though? "This lot won't vote the way we want them to so we just won't have a vote".

There are/have to be other ways the will and opinions of working class people could have been listed to, and acted upon.

They weren't though, this has been rumbling away for years now, the writing should really have been on the wall when UKIP started to steal masses of votes, even from Labour. Instead the issue was essentially ignored with any protest raised shouted down and by the time people started to listen it was too late.

UK economy can handle the brexit I think the eurozone has not only be doing badly but basically been in meltdown. The eastern states are still poor and western ones have been haveing economic crisis the strenght of the UK probarbly makes this a bigger blow to the EU than vice versa.

Environmental destruction and nationalistic militarism are 2 things the EU has been pretty successful in curbing in Europe. There's more at stake here than economics

The EU likes to paint itself as the reason for a Europe free of war, I'm not so sure though. War generally has been in decline since the end of WW2, that the advent of the EU coincided with this doesn't mean that the EU should be credited with that period of peace in Europe.

by the headlines on those links, i don't know what pages are from serious news sites and what are from satirical news sites
The stakes are incredibly high. The breakup of the EU is on the cards if the UK comes in for a soft landing with concessions. I think they are going to find out they are pretty fucked, and we will be dragged along with them.

^this
why offer the uk a nice trade deal as it will just encourage other countries to do the same.
the big touted one before the vote was the norwegian deal with the eu
Norway, Switzerland and EU laws
We pay, but have no say: that’s the reality of Norway’s relationship with the EU | Espen Barth Eide

it's hardly taking back their independence when if it is similar to norway 3/4th of all eu laws

what to me it seems like is breaking up with your spouse and still wanting the same sexual relationship with them.

The box, the box

Mr_Burns_-_the_box.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back