BREXIT (15 Viewers)

I'd say you're right, but I'd also say most votes are, and bitching about "the working class" makes you seem a bit ... well, mental. The middle classes swallow lies too.
that comment is very specific to this referendum. And yes, you are correct, all politics is based on lies. It just, I think this was too big to expose to that risk.

Anyway, its done now. They've made their bed. Time to lie in it and see how it feel.

13537506_10208243431836374_5830148675480753460_n.jpg

OK, I think I have it. Easier way of looking at this

If you're going to the UK soon/ any time this year, buy your Sterling in the few days before the Vote. It will be weak until then, so you will get more for your Euro..

When the No-to-Brexit wins, Sterling will strengthen very quickly, and you will get less for your Euro at that stage.

So, If you have a load of sterling right now, DON'T convert it to Euro until after the vote. You'll get more Euro when Sterling strengthens again.

Right? :barefoot:

Doh!!
doh.jpg

Anyone else not really give a shit about the consequences of this or is it just me?

In fairness, it's going to have a huge impact on Irish business, which like the word or not, plays a significant part in everyone's life and standard of living. We have a very high level of dependence on the UK market.

For example, Ireland’s annual food exports to the UK are valued at over €4 billion, and a significant amount of that comes from small producers. Their products are now already about 10% more expensive (in the UK) due to Brexit, which will impact their competitiveness. There will be imminent tariffs etc to deal with too.

Northern Ireland is fucked. Their farmers alone get about €200m annually in funding from the EU. That's gone now, and there's no guarantee they will get it from the UK Gov. The whole scenario around border re-introductions is VERY BAD news for everyone on the island.

It's a shite state of affairs

Northern Ireland is fucked. Their farmers alone get about €200m annually in funding from the EU. That's gone now, and there's no guarantee they will get it from the UK Gov. The whole scenario around border re-introductions is VERY BAD news for everyone on the island.

It's a shite state of affairs

Nicola Sturgeon just gave an excellent speech. Its almost inevitable they will have a referendum, and its pretty certain they'll vote to leave.

That lays the gauntlet down to Northern Ireland.

How about some alternative collective entity consisting of Ireland, Northern Ireland, and Scotland. Separate from, but analogous to, the UK.

Without giving it too much thought, is it that outrageous? If it happened, England and Wales (more specifically) Wales, are fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back