BREXIT (2 Viewers)

note to any journo types out there! Liz Truss and Leo Varadkar share a curious problem in common: neoliberal types with lefty parents. so if Truss wins in September, and Varadkar returns to being Taoiseach in December, then whoever manages to arrange the interview with both sets of parents will instantly have the greatest magazine feature of 2023 in the bag

hah
"There’s just one thing. “I want him to look after the most vulnerable . . . to work for those who need help. He shouldn’t forget about those people,” says Ashok, pointing out that his son’s views have “matured” over the years. “I can see that he’s changed so much that he’s thinking about people, those who don’t have that much."

note to any journo types out there! Liz Truss and Leo Varadkar share a curious problem in common: neoliberal types with lefty parents. so if Truss wins in September, and Varadkar returns to being Taoiseach in December, then whoever manages to arrange the interview with both sets of parents will instantly have the greatest magazine feature of 2023 in the bag
Yeah, I only recently became aware that Truss' parents are pretty 'right on'.
what did they do to deserve this?!

I'm definitely more left wing than my folks. My mum comes from a very FG family; immediate family more in a traditional FG voter way, but I think she has a couple of cousins who have been backbench TDs.

If this were a general election I think Rishi would get it simply because more people know who he is thanks to his visibility during the pandemic. The average voter probably doesn’t know who Truss is

I'm definitely more left wing than my folks. My mum comes from a very FG family; immediate family more in a traditional FG voter way, but I think she has a couple of cousins who have been backbench TDs.

My dad would have been pd in the 80s/90s, as their viewpoint on social issues and to some extent economic issues has been more or less absorbed into fg/ff I guess he’d sit in that spectrum. Me ma would probably vote for the national front if they had an Irish wing. She often comes out with the ‘hang them/send them home/make them join the army solutions to social issues

My mother is basically Joan Burton and can't understand why getting a woman in doesnt fix everything. My dad is blackpilled on it all and just looks into the middle distance muttering to himself about corruption anytime business or politics is raised.

The only real political rules they have would be never FF (crooks!), never FG (blueshirts!), never SF (terrorists!).

Anyway, UK Labour having a hell of a week contradicting themselves about nationalisation in every interview, Keir Starmer's responsible grownup in the room routine not doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back