bosses who spend their time seeking and destroying (2 Viewers)

Lefty Frizzell said:
heh yeah. when i was in primary school a guy in my class resetted all the IIRC adaptions on the principals range rover so that the oil pan gasket emitted a smell of farts when he drove it. I think he owns a wedding planning company now.

when will the lying end?

DUVALL.JPG

e||----------------------------------|--------------------------------- ||
B||----------------------------------|--------------------------------- ||
G||----------7h8-7------------------|-----------------------5--------- ||
D||--------------------------7h8-7--|--------------5-------------7---- ||
A||-0---0-----------------0---------|--0---8---7--------7------------- ||
E|| ---------------------------------|--------------------------------- ||[/

whatevs

I'm REALLY bad at dealing with stuff like this too - I guess it's partly due to spending so long travelling before starting a proper career. You just kinda realise there's a million jobs and places out there waiting and life's too short to put up with this kinda crap.

Having said that - the only times I've ever had to deal with it were at jobs like working as bar staff. The worst I've personally come across was the senior manager of the nightclub I worked in in Dundee. He'd come in after a very popular manager and decided the best plan was to tell the staff they were all crap and pick on the weaker members. The club was made up mostly of youngish girls (typical nightclub hiring policy) and he would enjoy berating them to point of tears every night.

After a particularly bad session I asked to speak to him in private - him being the big man that he was he insisted I do it right there at the team meeting. So I said I thought he was a bully and a coward. He then leant in very close and said if I didn't like it I could leave my shirt at the door and fuck off. So I took my shirt off and wrapped it round his head. Total over-reaction I know! He (being the big man still) tried to give me a hard shove towards the door, hoping I presume that I'd fall over. Instead I just punched him. The look of shock on his face will stay with me forever - altho I then had the worry of him shouting that he was gonna do me for assault and stuff. I found out a couple of days later that he'd quickly dropped that when all 27 other staff had said he'd tried to hit me first. Very gratifying.

TenRabbits said:
So I said I thought he was a bully and a coward. He then leant in very close and said if I didn't like it I could leave my shirt at the door and fuck off. So I took my shirt off and wrapped it round his head.

. Very gratifying.

.|..|

TenRabbits said:
and decided the best plan was to tell the staff they were all crap and pick on the weaker members.

this reminds me of the time i spent playing guitar in the Magic Band, during the late 60s

I couldn't get through that sun tzu book meself.

I'd go for the being the super professional for as long as you can stomach it. It doesn't mean you have to be nice to her, you can be "rude" but just in a "professional" way. She'll get here comuppence eventually.

Could you do an article about her?

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back