bosses who spend their time seeking and destroying (1 Viewer)

jane said:
the clients used to sometimes ask to speak to me, and then would tell me privately that they just couldn't stand her patronising tone and bullshit.

Well the place I was working was a bookshop, (or de place where you gets de bukes, if you ask her) and we had the same thing. There were a us nice girls and then HER. I dont know how many times people would come in and say that they had been waiting outside til SHE left coz she was so bloody ignorant. honest to God. They just didn't want to risk being served by her. They'd rather deal with us. Which just made me laugh.

She's still there I think.

Poor shop.

La La said:
that's the thing, the paper has been going through a bot of a 'restructuring' should i say, and the one person i trusted the most is having her contract 'renegotiated.'

smoke and mirrors, anyone?

she's in charge of a big chunk of the paper and i foiled her little plan to go and have some wanky lunch, thinking no other Posties would be there. she has such a great team working for her and she doesnt deserve them one little bit. we all despise her, but there's absolutely nothing we can do. the attitude amongst management is becoming increasingly ruthless; we kinda have our hands tied.

Who actually publishes the paper, though? If she's not at the very top, she's got bosses, too. Or is there a union? Can people document dates and times and incidents?

The best way to start, though, is to make sure you've got some backing (because you can't speak for anyone else, but you do need to know there are people willing to speak up if need be), and do something unofficial. Try to talk to her and use the most concrete examples you can (ones she can't refute), and if she's unreasonable, you take note of that. If she seems reasonable, and yet things get worse afterward, you keep track of that, and then you go above her head. Remember that as much as you might feel powerless in this situation, employees still have rights. One of those rights is that she is not allowed to treat you badly just because you wanted to do something to create a better environment. It may not work, but at least you'll have a chance, and you'll have your pride.

jane said:
Who actually publishes the paper, though? If she's not at the very top, she's got bosses, too. Or is there a union? Can people document dates and times and incidents?

The best way to start, though, is to make sure you've got some backing (because you can't speak for anyone else, but you do need to know there are people willing to speak up if need be), and do something unofficial. Try to talk to her and use the most concrete examples you can (ones she can't refute), and if she's unreasonable, you take note of that. If she seems reasonable, and yet things get worse afterward, you keep track of that, and then you go above her head. Remember that as much as you might feel powerless in this situation, employees still have rights. One of those rights is that she is not allowed to treat you badly just because you wanted to do something to create a better environment. It may not work, but at least you'll have a chance, and you'll have your pride.

we've been whispering about unions around the office; we haven't come up with anything tangible yet though.
but im taking on what you've said, and will approach with caution from here on in. i dont want this bee-hitch to think she can get the better of me, so maybe i should kill her with kindness, and see if she folds eventually.

La La said:
we've been whispering about unions around the office; we haven't come up with anything tangible yet though.
but im taking on what you've said, and will approach with caution from here on in. i dont want this bee-hitch to think she can get the better of me, so maybe i should kill her with kindness, and see if she folds eventually.

Failing that, lethargy and poor work performance make excellent silent payback.

I would kill her with kindness and professionalism. She'll get hers, nasty bullies usually do. I bet she has no friends and no one likes her.

One of the polaks i hired in january came in wearing a non-brand tracksuit a few weeks back, so i sent him back to his squat for something more formal, preferably a collar and tie. Two hours later the fathead came back with a pair of black jeans and a denim shirt, capped off with a nasty cheap tie and a pair of (dirty) catapillar boots! Fucks sake! What can you do but laugh?

kirstie said:
I would kill her with kindness and professionalism. She'll get hers, nasty bullies usually do. I bet she has no friends and no one likes her.

you're right; i'm normally a highly reactionary person, but im just gonna have to hold my tongue for now. she'll get hers, hopefully.
:)

La La said:

Yeah, definitely. The shitty thing is that it means having to put in more effort than you should have to, but being insanely polite, professional and deferential is better than the alternative.

Of course, there are times when, if she says something incredibly low, you might just want to say nothing (or as little as possible) and walk away.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
flip flops and sandals are hideous

as is 30+ degree weather with a smattering of 100% humidity mixed with a couple of million cubic tonnes worth of pollution choking the air.

My boss hates me.
She doesn't envy me.
I'm bearded, lazy and perpetually hungover.
She's pretty justified.
But no-one else here hates me.

La-la. That tart sounds like a right cowardly whore. PM me her number if you want to verbally abuse her.

maybe i should smear a flip flop in dog poo and then throw it at her.
i've got fairly good aim when it comes to things i hate.

oh shit said:
draining the brake fluid is another funny one

heh yeah. when i was in primary school a guy in my class resetted all the IIRC adaptions on the principals range rover so that the oil pan gasket emitted a smell of farts when he drove it. I think he owns a wedding planning company now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back