Bored in Work XX(x) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 185
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 2
Bloody hell....

This is what I'll be like at the end of the week...

Attachments

• jamesdie.jpg
    jamesdie.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 249
love the captions on these....

Barbara with Gordon after telling him that she's going to give Patricia just enough rope to hang herself when she attends their wedding.

I really wish they'd shown this one here:

Return to Eden

Heiress Stephanie Harper was fooled into marriage by a handsome playboy with designs on her fortune. He connived with her best friend, Jilly Stewart, to kill Stephanie by feeding her to a hungry crocodile. Presumed dead, Stephanie underwent plastic surgery, and returned as model Tara Welles to exact her revenge. This series takes up the story seven years later...

Originally posted by kirstie
I really wish they'd shown this one here:

Return to Eden

Heiress Stephanie Harper was fooled into marriage by a handsome playboy with designs on her fortune. He connived with her best friend, Jilly Stewart, to kill Stephanie by feeding her to a hungry crocodile. Presumed dead, Stephanie underwent plastic surgery, and returned as model Tara Welles to exact her revenge. This series takes up the story seven years later...

Fucking brilliant
Summer of 86.

Alice [Megan Williams] from The Sullivans was in it

Originally posted by kirstie
The *really* galling thing about the Sullivans is that it went on far longer than the fucking WAR did

This I feel was unfair.

The Sullivans was made from 1976 to 1982.
1115 episodes were made.

The reason it went on SO long is because it was only shown

on RTE: once a week
on HTV/UTV: twice a week

When you work it out, it took RTE over twenty years to show the full thing.

Imagine if Home And Away was once a week
or Coronation Street
Think of how slow they would be

Which is one of the reasons why people disliked it.

It was the best Australian soap ever, I think

but the one you stayed up late for was.......

Prisoner, a serial set in a women's prison, was successful because audiences were interested in all-female societies. Also, some researchers, such as Ann Curthoys, John Docker, Patricia Palmer, and others found that the program was enormously popular with young female viewers. In other words, the prison is in fact a fictional surrogate for a girl's school, and Bea, Lizzie, Doreen and the others were just grown-up, but still recalcitrant, role models as far as the efforts of the authority figures were concerned.

!bing getting flash backs.....

remember the screws?

and pippa from home and away was the retarded one with PMS.

.|..|

oh please - use the full title: Prisoner Cell Block H

fuck australian soaps - when i was off sick from school for threee months back in the day, Lifestyle was the only channel worth watching. Sally Jesse Raphael, The Edge of Night and G.L.O.W.

great stuff.

ahem

ah i'm only jealous really...
we only had rte 1 and 2 in lovely ennis. i always feel terribly left out during these tv nostalgia trips ..... :(

can we talk about danger bay ?

Originally posted by billygannon
They've nicked ideas and actual lines off the Evil Gerald. I saw that fella John on Friday. I was about to stop and call him a dickface, except the lights changed to green and I had to move as a big fuck-off truck was riding up my hole.... my bike's good, but not that good to be able to fend off that.

So, Xit Poll are a bunch of pricks who have stolen ideas off other people and made them into a piece of shit. Colin Murphy should quit that show and stick with the ever-brilliant Blizzard of Odd.

There's folks from The Evil Gerald writing some of the Xit poll stuff so it's not very surprising that there's similarities

Wouldja like me to tell yiz what happens with the boat accident in Home and Away, huh, huh? Some things to, er, look forward to - Jesse comes back complete with personality change, Shauna comes back with long hair...

Morag does the Anne Robinson thing on Weakest Link in Aus. And the one with the mad red hair from A Country Practice presents a travel show. And Wandin Valley really exists.

None of this compares with the terrifying popularity of Shortland Street in NZ though.

Originally posted by Ed
There's folks from The Evil Gerald writing some of the Xit poll stuff so it's not very surprising that there's similarities

Except the bloody editors and the people who were feckin' behind the whole thing. have a look at the monkeybomb forum for some real vitriol....

Ah!... I was just pissed off when they bastardised that "Pop puppet-Pop in moppet "muppet" pop" line.... Pricks (except Colin Murphy, who could be but is funny)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back