• Replies 185
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 2
Originally posted by Pantone247
Brandy + Monica interactive DVD's all there for are lesiuretainment experience

it's BRANDI you cunt

is that stroppy enough for you?

Originally posted by snakybus
what? Healy and Partridge in midfield, trying to restore the Euro 2004 hopes of a team with minus 6 points? Healy with one cap and Partridge with zero? Healy not getting on the first team in Celtic? That's a bit steep. We're a bit starved all right, but the right side of midfield surely needs more experience than that. It counts for something, no? Bring in Stephen McPhail I say, he's going to that great club Milwall*. What's wrong with Kinsella anyway, he's got his head screwed on most of the time.

*!ironyyy

but we're not going to qualify. no way. never.
so the new manger should build a new young team.

for the future, like.

mcphail isn't playing well at the moment and kinsella isn't a long-term option. why deprive healy and reid/partridge the experience? mcphail had his chance but for me hasn't ever put in a convincing display for ireland.

healy one cap? 5 caps, 1 goal
- mcphail? 5 caps, 1 goal
- reid? 7 caps 2 goals.

chek it: http://www.fai.ie/FAI/International/SeniorSquad.htm

fecking football know-it-all

soccer's for nancy boys anyways

gaelic football, now there's a man's game. men with hairy armpits, a trade, and scores to settle. these men can certainly eat their potatoes.

Yeah... I'm going off soccer....

I mean, look at Dream Team... then look at that series Home Ground on RTE about that football team in Galway....

Football = pansies

Although Christian Gross will prove to be a great leader of men when his mighty Basle crush the puny Liverpool

Originally posted by billygannon
I'm all for Kinsella.... solid player, sprays the ball around. Would the Irish team play better if their kits were designed by John Rocha?

I think they should go back to wearing that stuff they used to wear back at the start of the century when everyone used to run twice as fast as they do now. They should wear those hats and smoke on the pitch. Shay given should have a pipe to keep him happy while in goals and they should spend more time striking poses and smiling at the camera, than watching the ball. Then they'd always win.

i think it's time to introduce chain-saws and nut-crunchers.

i would love to see ian harte bleed to death.

Originally posted by minka

i'm not sure if some of my other 70s kiddie records have stood the test of time as well captain beaky and his band? sesame street?

I have 6 or 7 Sesame Street LPs plus a few 7"s. The live one is very enjoyable as is Sesame Disco.
Best is the "Follow That Bird" movie soundtrack. Big Bird moves to the city , becomes lonely etc.
The record comes with a board game.

The suburban shopping centre golden discs are the best. The order one copy of everythin, so once in a while unpopular stuff ends up in the bargain bin even though it shouldn't. I recall getting a cassette copy of 'the people who grinned themselves to death' that way.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
I remember them days:cool:
They sometimes have cheap dvds though

i was given a rake of golden discs vouchers for my birthday recently by my godmother. i was dreading the prospect, but i got the new flaming lips and goodtime john as well. impressed. i used to love that though, when i was younger, the thrill of going into a shit record store and finding something great. i just don't get that buzz these days. its wonderful to have places like road, et al, but i miss the sweaty palmed anticipation of what one might find in a less reputable shop. thats why i like 2nd hand record stores so much more these days.

I got Missy Elliott's album in HIV... that was deadly... a pure party album.

I haven't been in a record shop to buy stuff in months. Although it's like a high... and then it's an addiction. You feel you need to buy records all the time.... Napster was like legalising heroin, if you catch my drift.

Originally posted by herv
[Bi used to love that though, when i was younger, the thrill of going into a shit record store and finding something great. i just don't get that buzz these days. its wonderful to have places like road, et al, but i miss the sweaty palmed anticipation of what one might find in a less reputable shop. thats why i like 2nd hand record stores so much more these days. [/B]

Final Vinyl on Camden Street, you can lose hours in that place

and tons of cash money too

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
problem with that place is that you find some record you've wanted for years and it turns out to be in shit condition / without the correct inner sleeve

having a crap quality recording of something is always better than not having it all, methinks. I had a taped copy of a copy of a copy, etc. of Belle and Sebastian's Tigermilk (thanks to Old) for yonks before it was released on CD and was most happy with it, despite the hiss...

Originally posted by figs
having a crap quality recording of something is always better than not having it all, methinks.

True

but there's nothing worse when you've been holding out for vinyl [when CD is readily available], you find it and it turns out to be crap quality/condition.

In that case you're better off buying the CD and having decent quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back