Bored in Work (nnnnnn) 19 (1 Viewer)

When I was 8 my mother convinced me to stand on one end of a seesaw while she and my sister jumped on to the other end. My arm broke in 13 places.

They also snuck down to the kitchen in the middle of the night when I was 4 and ate the first trout I ever caught, which I was saving for breakfast the next day.

I think I'm having a breakthrough! You never loved me!

all you guys with yisser injuries, i feel so unscathed

my doctor says i have the lungs of an 80 year old though

also have not managed to die, though did pull a teapot full of boiling tea down on myself when i was about one and scalded my right leg. being an infant and all, it healed very well, but did leave a faint scar the exact shape and size of my one-year-old foot on the top of my current much older foot. it's like i've managed to leave a footprint on myself.

oh, and shortly after said accident, my father slipped in the spilt tea and broke his toes off the cooker. when the ambulance arrived, they had to take both of us to hospital.

Originally posted by minka
oh, and shortly after said accident, my father slipped in the spilt tea and broke his toes off the cooker. when the ambulance arrived, they had to take both of us to hospital.

that just made me burst out laughing
sorry

i'll laugh you in a minute.

i never broken a bone in me life. except possibly me toe when i was playing football. but here, i had to go on holidays teh next day so i dint go to the dokker or nothing, instead i walked around the gallaries of paris in agony. staunchly tho, like us hard lads do. *

*like lee majors or george kennedy or something

A friend of mine was getting a ride home on a combine harvester as a small child. He was sitting outside the cab, hanging onto the railings at the front, when he fell into the hopper thing at the front, with the big churny metal spiky things. He got all the skin torn off the back of his head, but was otherwise ok. He has the most amazing scar under his hair now.

Another mate was whizzing down a hill on a bike, serious expression on his young face, making sure the chicks were checking out how damned fast he was going, when he cycled smack into the back of a car, flying through the rear windscreen and landing somewhere in the front, cutting himself up good. I still get the shivers when I think of this. Happy ending thoug, he got patched up, and went to see Sonic Youth and Nirvana in the Top Hat the next night. Everybody was scared of him.

once upon a time in the midlands two girls were having a pretend wrestling match at a party in my flat... as was the style of the day... anyways one girl flipped the ohter girl and they both fell over into the fireplace.

One of the ladies had her head pumping blood so after much drama me and my mate accompanied her down the hospital... after hours filling in form sand re-telling stories and generally pleading innocence to beating some poor girl against a fireplace we went home...

...where upon we were greeted by the other lass who's leg had swollen to huge purplish proportions while we were away... so back to hospital and more acussing glanes and loaded questions and generally being treated like a serial women beater for me!

I've never had an accident in me life...

I'm way to canny for that

a relative of mine slipped on our cat's dish and fell into the basement, breaking his leg. he then proceeded to drive 40 miles to work and back on it for a week without realising it was broken.

I was pissed once and sprinted - sprinted - bang smack into a pole.

My friend, who was a medical student, didn't want to stop partying and advised me to drink lots of vodka to ease the pain in my head, chest, arms and legs.

It worked and all.

Yeah! Well... Bert Trautman, the goalkeeper for Manchester City (now correct me here Hector - or P. Littbarski), played the last ten minutes of the 1958 FA cup final against Birmingham City, with a broken neck! And they won 3-1. And Bert Trautman scored a wonder-goal by beating the entire Birmingham team, lobbing the ball in the air and scoring with a diving header from 30 yards - while his neck was broken. The last bit might not be true.

encounters with death...

apparently, i almost drowned when i was about 3 years old, or so my older sisters tell me.

Also, last may, me and a group of friends decided to get blindingly drunk. so we did. Then its suggested we all go roller blading*, so we did. One girl fell on the ground hurting her wrist. She said it felt sore so she went to bed. Woke up 5 hours later, knocking on another friends door pleading to go the hospital. Turns out she actually had broken her wrist and had to get three pins inserted.

*i don't usually endorse in such gay-friendly sports

i had to do this. scanner + photoshop + internet + injury story = too much temptation.

i was in scouts when i was 12. we went camping on an island in the middle of a lake down t'country.

i was chopping and sawing wood. i was using a bush saw to saw a log.

a bush saw is a big straight-blade saw with a rounded handle and big fuck-off teeth.

it was wet. the saw "bounced" - i.e. it hopped out of the sawing groove you make in the wood.

it came straight down on my finger. thing is, when you're sawing, you build up momentum, so i proceeded to saw my index finger on my right hand open to the bone. the scar still tingles horribly if i hit it.

what also happened, though, was that i was stuck on an island; i couldn't go to hospital or anything. so the scar is probably worse than it would have been.

Attachments

• scar.jpg
    scar.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 224
Originally posted by billygannon
Yeah! Well... Bert Trautman, the goalkeeper for Manchester City (now correct me here Hector - or P. Littbarski), played the last ten minutes of the 1958 FA cup final against Birmingham City, with a broken neck!

[being pedantic] it was the 1956 final William...and he played the last 15, not 10, minutes with a broken neck [ / being pedantic]

I have never broken a bone in my body.

I do however have Beri Beri (although I'm assured it's not life theatening) and I will live to be 124 becasue I drink peppermint tea on a daily basis.

oh: my brother got an injury (of sorts) because he was too healthy. i shit you not. he was playing a lot of footy and doing rowing (no really) and he got these big muscle-bound legs. the thing was they were so strong that they started to push his kneecap around to the back of his knee: he had to do special exercises for months to get it back to normal.

I once picked up a box with a wire sticking out of it. Went through my hand and out the other side.
I went into the accountant's office to show him and pulled the wire back out, at which point it gave forth a graceful fountain of blood.
He went pale and retched, while I felt like I was a big man.

You wouldn't be the ruddiest person I know Mr. Old. ....you must have lost a lot of blood....

Mmmmm... blood....

..this all reminds me of the scene from jaws where they are comparing scars..."farewell an ado to you fair spainish lady,
farewell an ado to you ladies of spain
for our orders have come and we sail for
the mainland,
farewell an ado you ladies of spain"
n' deadly. I'll drink to your leg. .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back