Bored in Work (nnnnnn) 19 (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by minka
every x-ray is kept and looked at again, used for study and stored for future use.

really? i have an x-ray of my foot from a hospital in cape town (where i was attacked by a bath), and i think i have one of my jaw knocking around somewhere....

And I have an X-Ray somewhere of my ankle from when they drilled a hole from one side to the other and screwed it all together again, when I was 15.

We played this place called the Beachland Ballroom in Cleveland and we later discovered that Chuck Moseley, ex singer with Faith No More circa We Care A Lot and also with Bad Brains for a while, is a cook there.
He's said to be very good and his Friday night specials pack the place.
I thought this was interesting and I am bored at work.

Originally posted by IrishUnsigned
And I have an X-Ray somewhere of my ankle from when they drilled a hole from one side to the other and screwed it all together again, when I was 15.

On a sort of a tangent, I stood on a nail and it went through my foot when I was a kid....the foot of jesus, if you will....

Apparently the original quote (or so I am unreliably informed) was to "vent your steam"

nah, i'm fairly sure it's spleen. something to do with the ancient greeks describing emotions as coming from the spleen rather than the heart. sorry, spleenless folks.

it is spleen

I am impressed with the Chuck tale

Injuries:

Had side of heel lopped off in the spokes of a racer I was getting a backer on when I was 11

Had no finger prints on one hand for about 8 months once due to picking up a plugged in soldering iron. i.e hot. The crimes I could have committed..

Right... me and injuries... I was a fucking nightmare as a kid...

Had boiling water spilt on me as a kid...

I used to stuff my nose with stuff I found around the house... it had to be surgically removed and now I have a permanent bump on my nose....

Drowned in... ahem... a nappy basket.... that's what it was called then.... and actually died for a few seconds... was brought back to life by the kiss of life and all that malarkey...

Jammed my thumb in a door, resulting in my thumb being plaster for about five months... it actually changed the shape of my left thumb...

And only a few months back there, broke my arm and hand after going over the handlebars on my bike...

But what I think was really foul... my grand-dad accidentally ran a lawnmower over his toes... EEEEK!!!!

Originally posted by billygannon
I used to stuff my nose with stuff I found around the house... it had to be surgically removed and now I have a permanent bump on my nose....

Me too
except the bump
apparently my parents kept worming the dog because there was a weird smell in the house. But it was just all the blanket fluff up my 2 year old nose. Nice.
I can vaguely remember screaming my head off as the doctor removed it with tweezers too..

Broken leg
Broken Cheekbone
Broken Ribs
Broken Fingers(5 over different periods oftime)
Dislocated Shoulder
Concussion twice
Torn Cruciate Ligament

Originally posted by kirstie
Me too
except the bump
apparently my parents kept worming the dog because there was a weird smell in the house. But it was just all the blanket fluff up my 2 year old nose. Nice.
I can vaguely remember screaming my head off as the doctor removed it with tweezers too..

We were coke heads in a previous life. Isn't it great.... I mean this Bored at Work thread. Where you're able to meander and chat about shite without worrying if it's not applicable to the thread's original subject. Ah life... deadly!

Originally posted by Ed
Broken leg
Broken Cheekbone
Broken Ribs
Dislocated Shoulder
Concussion twice
Torn Cruciate Ligament

Yeah!.... YEAH!!! .. but did you die??? I died!

Originally posted by billygannon
We were coke heads in a previous life. Isn't it great.... I mean this Bored at Work thread. Where you're able to meander and chat about shite without worrying if it's not applicable to the thread's original subject. Ah life... deadly!

I have a really fucked up knee as well, achieved by tearing ligaments while playing a violent game of blind mans bluff in the school changing rooms one lunchtime
when I was SEVENTEEN

as Jim Diamond would say - I shoudda known bedddaahh

Disgusting accident, off the top of my head. A friend of mines dad is a builder and fell onto one of those steel rods they put in concrete to re-inforce it. Thing is where he fell on it...it went in to his left (i think) tear duct..it didn't hit it, it went in to his head, but he survived. The guy is also missing a finger or two.

My own injuries..

The aforementioned stigmata

Broke my arm pricking about on a bicycle

Got hook caught in my hand, while there was three fish wriggling around on the other hooks on the line

Very drunk on an extremely frosty night and slipped on ice in eyre square in galway. Smacked my head off the ground really hard. Very concussed, only thing I remember is thinking I should be dead. Still got a scar above my right eye.

A few motorbike spills, nothing serious though. Although I have a little hole just over my kneecap where a piece of gravel cut really deep into my skin.

Originally posted by Ed
Broken leg
Broken Cheekbone
Broken Ribs
Dislocated Shoulder
Concussion twice
Torn Cruciate Ligament

bloody show-off

A couple of years ago I was working in a sign shop making crappy stuff for the side of vans and cheap fascias. These were made from sticky back plastic a la Blue Peter. Also working there was my best mate who is pretty prone to getting weird diseases and hurting himself in poxy ways. Anyway while I was sitting at the computer designing some shit I heard an ear-piercing scream. I turned around and saw my friend clutching his eye and screaming every time he blinked. Apparently he was covering a board in a piece of sticky back plastic about three feet long and had pulled back the backing sheet. When he had pulled it back he went to throw it over his shoulder but instead he managed to slice it across his eye giving himself a really nasty paper cut on his eyeball. When he went to the hospital the doctor told him that if it was a tiny bit deeper his lens could have fallen out. Yummy.

I haven't managed to die yet, i've also been knocked over by cars twice, the second time was good,my mother was watching as i got flung up into the air, smashed the windscreen of the car and then roll off.
I've not been to hospital in a while though(4 years i think, of one of the concussions and the broken cheekbone.

Where I grew up... there was this dog called Rusty. It was a small thing, but fuck, the saying: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" was never more apt. He used to beat the shit out of huge guard-dogs (where I grew up is really really really really really posh.... every house had a name instead of a number)....

But this little dog was run over... and it's heart moved to the other side of it's body. And it survived. And it lived to the ripe old age of 23, still beating the shit out of Dobermans and... ahem... Rhodesian Ridgebacks (which are used in Africa to hunt lions) *cough*

Although I must point out that my dog, Muggins, a mad mad cocker spaniel could beat the shit out this dog. We had to put it down as it was attacking absolutely everything..... once it ate a live blackbird.... just for the hell of it. Ozzy Osbourne was nothing on him. It's quite cozy here, in small mode. Hmmm... what else... emmmm.... David McWilliams... presenter of Agenda and al-round top egg grew up across the road from me. His dad, a right nosy parker, but still a decent chap, walks his dog up Dalkey hill every day.... okay, I'll stop... my posh side is beginning to show

ah, the bike
i've been hit 3 times in dublin by cars whilst cycling.

on the day i got my first bmx i had a nasty accident. i cycled it back into school to show the 'lads' who proceeded to all sorts of cool stunts while i looked on in awe. on me way home i decided to try an endo, where you balance on the front wheel. sadly, i was going about 90 miles an hour at the time....
i went *flying* over the handlebars and landed on both knees, splitting them right open. i had to walk the 2 miles back to my house in floods of tears with blood streaming down my legs. i get home and there's no-one there, i had to sit outside on a deckchair for 2 hours bawling my eyes out 8(

i also cut my index finger down to the bone when i was 17, when a swiss army knife suddenly shut on it. ow ow ow ow ow. nice big scar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back