Bored in Work (catch) 22 (1 Viewer)

oh yeah, I've heard his stuff, it's very good. Apparently he went up to Howe Gelb at a gig and gave him a tape, and Howe has championed him since. The same thing happened with Grandaddy. So now at Howe Gelb or Giant Sand gigs you have all these guys going up to Howe, giving him their tapes. Poor guy!

Originally posted by Pantone247
it is a bit isn't it

so...

anyone heard any good albums lately?

There's a new Fall comp; Listening-In Singles 1990-92
and a new single out in 2 wks.

Richard Pryor box deadly
Godspeed LP is not that good
Ms John Soda is tho'
As is Blue Skied An'Clear, the Morr Music comp. Half is Slowdive covers

The S+E reissue is good too.

Strangely I was playing all my Silver Jews albums lately too

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth

Strangely I was playing all my Silver Jews albums lately too

Ah! The Silver Jews. I'm going to be humming their tunes all day today...

"I believe that stars are the headlights of angels, driving from heaven to save us..."

"In the times of I dream of Jesus...... la la la la.... HE WAS A REBEL JEW... HE WAS A REBEL JEW... AND HE DIED FOR YOU, AND YOUR SINS, HE WAS A REBEL JEW, HE WAS A REBEL JEW, let him in.. do di do do"....

Originally posted by billygannon
Or money.....

I'm being a prick. Hope NZ goes really well. I have a couple of links somewhere to music stuff happening in Wellington and around New Zealand.... if they're on my PC I'll send them onto you today. You better get back though.... I really want to see the Hermetic fellas back playing....

According to some mail I just got, the explanation for http://yoga.tripod.co.jp/flash/kikkomaso.swf is:

'if you take the word "man" out of kikkoman, you get kikko, anatomical word for the
head of penis in japanese. the three characters on kikkoman's underwear are penis
(ki) head (kko) man = kikkoman. the kitty was trying to decide what to put on
medamayaki, (a sort of japanese omelet). the kitty was going "should i put soy sauce
or vinegar." so kikkoman says "for medamayaki, always soy sauce." when kitty
appears next, he is still going "vinegar or soy sauce." kikkoman angrily repeats
"for medamayaki, always soy sauce!" then curses. evidently, kitty then gets hanged
by kikkoman. kitty's last words are "ohhh noooo." throughout the ad kikkoman is
fighting against foreign (i.e. western) cuisine. the three basic seasonings of
japanese cooking are soy sauce (kikkoman), rice vinegar (su, the yellow jar head)
and sugar (satoo, the one with the white cube head). this trio fights the most
popular foreign sauces in japan: ketchup (the reddish-brown jar head, with the word
"heints" on his chest--supposed to mean "heinz," surely) worcester sauce (the
box-face man with his hands behind his head), and mayonnaise (the wimpy, cowering
yellow jar head). the girl kikkoman ends up in bed with seems to be from the ketchup
clan.'

i just realised this morning that i've listened to nothing but mumblin' deaf ro's cd-r since monday night. nothing. i think i'll break out the four tet cd in a while, just on a point of principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back