Bored in Work 127 (2 Viewers)

wedge.gif

I wish to express how I feel today

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2004/1125/breaking31.htm

Government to delete 91 Acts from Statute Book
The Hosiery Act of 1845 as well as the Adulteration of Coffee Act of 1718 are among 91 laws set to be expunged from the Statute Book because they are no longer required.

The Government today published the list which also includes the Servants Act of 1715, the Burning of Bricks (Dublin) Act 1770 and the Dangerous Performances Act which was brought in in 1897.

Laws relating to past historical events will also be purged, including the Dublin Reconstruction (Emergency Provisions) Act of 1916.

The Taoiseach, Mr Ahern, this morning announced publication of the Statute Law Revision (pre 1922) Bill which is necessary to repeal the 91 Acts on the list.

"We have tended to keep adding to the stock of regulation and not revisit it," Mr Ahern told the Statute Law Revision conference in the Shelbourne hotel, Dublin.
Burning of Bricks?

:confused:

Junglebob said:
An Act to prevent the pernicious practice of burning bricks within the city of Dublin or the neighbourhood thererof.
Hahaaaa! At last!

And who says people power doesnt work! Who's on for a brick burning party this weekend?

Free the brick!

Briquettes are for goat munchers, BRICK BURNERS 4 eva!

Irish Statute Book said:
Restriction on sale of intoxicating liquor on credit. tippling Act, 1735.

Horse-stealing. [Ss. 1-3] Sale of Horses Act, 1705.

Marriages by degraded or pretended clergymen made void; validity of marriage, notwithstanding pre-contract with another not consummated.
Marriage Act, 1725.
to name but a few

so, i'm kinda bored, so i just added up the number of posts hag has made under his different names, and the grand total is.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back