Bored in Work 127 (1 Viewer)

I do. Right, so Tim Robbins starred in the shawshank redemption which was written by stephen King who also wrote The shining , the film of which was directed by stanley kubrick who also directed Space Odyysey 2001 which starred Hal 9000 who's a computer.

There. I linked Tim to the computer in 5 steps.

pete said:
i don't unnerstand
tim said:
Pete, could you link me to that picture of the comuter please.

Feel good story of the day

Dolphins save swimmers from shark

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Reuters) -- A pod of dolphins circled protectively round a group of New Zealand swimmers to fend off an attack by a great white shark, media reported on Tuesday. Lifesavers Rob Howes, his 15-year-old daughter Niccy, Karina Cooper and Helen Slade were swimming 100 metres (300 feet) off Ocean Beach near Whangarei on New Zealand's North Island when the dolphins herded them -- apparently to protect them from a shark.

"They started to herd us up, they pushed all four of us together by doing tight circles around us," Howes told the New Zealand Press Association (NZPA).

Howes tried to drift away from the group, but two of the bigger dolphins herded him back just as he spotted a three-meter (nine feet) great white shark swimming towards the group.

"I just recoiled. It was only about 2 meters (6 feet) away from me, the water was crystal clear and it was as clear as the nose on my face," Howes said.

"They had corralled us up to protect us," he said.

The lifesavers spent the next 40 minutes surrounded by the dolphins before they could safely swim back to shore.

The incident happened on October 30, but the lifesavers kept the story to themselves until now.

Environment group Orca Research said dolphins attacked sharks to protect themselves and their young, so their actions in protecting the lifesavers was understandable.

"They could have sensed the danger to the swimmers and taken action to protect them," Orca's Ingrid Visser told NZPA

just reading the Ticket Master mail out... in the listing was Fota on Ice... imagine my disappointment when i discovered this was NOT going to feature lions and tigers (or indeed any animals) on ice skates...

nEiLo said:
just reading the Ticket Master mail out... in the listing was Fota on Ice... imagine my disappointment when i discovered this was NOT going to feature lions and tigers (or indeed any animals) on ice skates...
I wish I'd only read the first half of your post.

I mean, what's the point of non-ice-skating animals? Or the point of ice, if it's covered with bipeds?

What is Fota on Ice, then? Apart from a big disappointment?

broken arm said:
counterpoint. shocking story of the day. :eek:

A woman with a history of postpartum depression cut the arms off her baby girl who later died, authorities said. Dena Schlosser was sitting in her living room covered with blood when police arrived Monday. Her almost 11-month-old daughter lay fatally injured in a crib in a bedroom of the family's apartment in Plano. The child was pronounced dead shortly afterward at a nearby hospital.

still the most entertaining post ever

pete said:
So anyways, I leave work at 5 o'clock today,because i have to go buy some blank video tapes in golden discs before i meet the wife on the 70x at stephens green.

So i gets me tapes, and decide to stay in the shelter of the Stephens Green entrance, where i can see the "bus stop" (there is no bus stop for the "express" buses that go through the green while the Luas works are on, so they all pull up at the end of grafton street).

So at 5.20 i ring the wife, who is standing at the bus stop in Leeson Street waiting on the bus.. "Any sign of the bus yet?", says I. "No", says she, "but there's 37x's and 39x's going by". "Should be along any minute now", says I.

So i ring again at 5.30, but still no sign of the bus that left Belfield at 5.15.

"Probably the weather", we agree.

5.45 comes and goes, and i start worrying. Still no sign of the bus in Leeson Street, so at 5.55 I head over to where the inspectors are shepherding the buses in and out.

"What bus are you looking for?", one of them shouts from a bus.

"70x"

"No."

I pause for thought for about 2 seconds.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN - "NO."???!??

"It's cancelled. Nothing can get to Dunboyne, the buses are breaking down."

"What about the people waiting on the 70x in Leeson Street? What the hell are they going to do?"

"Sure we have to look after the people waiting here!"

"..."

"Where are you going anway?"

"I'm not even going as far as Clonee!"

"Get this bus so - it's a 37x"

(The 37x being absolutely fucking useless to me, so i'm not about to get it, even when my missus isn't stranded in leeson street.)

So i ring the wife to tell her to get on the first bus she sees going into town. During this time, inspector guy #1 vanishes in his 37x.

I wanted to ask him if the drivers of the 37x's and 39x's had been instructed to, I dunno, maybe tell the people at the bus stop that there would be no 70x coming, and if so why they hadn't done so, and if the hadn't been instructed to, why not, and even so, why, when operating from the same garage and listening to the same radio's, none of them had the simple fucking decency to tell the people at the bus stops about the bus being cancelled.

I turn to inspector guy #2 and say: "Roll on privatisation" and walk off in a huff.

So anyways.

Wife gets the first bus with room, but has to get off it again shortly afterwards as it's not moving.

She walks to stephens green, and we decide to try to get a 39 to clonsilla and walk, so we head up to Dame street.

Traffic = not moving.

Buses = packed.

Bus stops = full of people.

After a while of this, we decide to go to the cinema, but see what appears to be a number 70 bus (the ordinary type, not the express), but says "School Bus" on the front, and is a single decker (unheard of on the 70 route). We run across college green and he lets us on.

Nice driver man explains that he's not going to Dunboyne, only Littlepace (excellent!) and that he won't be going into the Blanchardstown Centre (even better!), so we get on and relax in semi-comfortable seats. I ponder why it's ok for this bus to only go as far as Clonee, but the "express" gets cancelled outright.

It is now sometime after 7pm, 2 hours after i left work, and we are now effectively only starting our journey home.

Oh... did I mention the leaky roof, and that water poured in on top of people every time the bus stopped? Or that his windscreen wipers weren't working and he had to get out of the bus every 10 minutes to manually push them backwards and forwards so he could see where he was going?

But we weren't complaining.

Approximately 2.5 hours later, the bus makes it to the Navan Road. It is crawling. Absolutely crawling. I have never seen traffic so bad.

We wait, happy in the fact that we're not in the rain. Apart from what's falling in through the roof. But we can handle that.

At approximately 8.45pm, our plucky little soldier of a bus catches up with the 70x. Our driver informs us that he shouldn't really have a bus with broken windscreen wipers out on the road, and requests that we transfer to the 70x.

No problem! A bus is a bus, after all.

Now, those of you paying attention will be thinking "Aha! But wasn't that the 70x that they said was cancelled?".

Well, no.

This is the one that left Belfield at 4.55pm, 20 minutes before the one we were supposed to get.

There are people on this bus since then - four hours ago. They look remarkably unimpressed by this fact.

An hour later, we're still on the Navan Road, crawling. Crawling. Fucking CRAWLING.

People start to bail out and walk up the dual carriageway. Lots of them.

We wait.

at 10.15 or so, we cave.

We get off the bus and start walking. It's still raining.

This is where things start looking like a scene from some apocalyptic end of the world type movie, as people flee the crumbling city. Nothing but abandoned cars and vans along the side of the road. People walking down between the two lanes of "traffic" to avoid the floods at the side of the roads.

Eventually, we make it to the slip road off the dual carriageway, the final stretch in sight. Police are turning traffic away from Clonee village, as apparently it is completely impassable, and, curiously, there is a tailback from the roundabout into our estate.

We get to the roundabout and see why...

It's underwater.

We wade through a foot of water to get past it, eventually arriving home at 10.30pm

5.5 hours after I left work.

I'm not going in tomorrow.

skydive1.gif

what are you talking about? BORING!

I'm having the time of my life

aoifed said:
Thumped is really boring today. I'm gonna go learn how to tame bold children for the next hour. THen I'll use my new found skills on this board.
ah -ah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back