Bored In Work 1187 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not sure how he's defining bosses, but if you took the MBAs out of my place I'm not sure that would be a bad thing.
It might be the Mondragon Corporation - Wikipedia but there's places that rotate rank and file workers through management positions on a 18 month cycle or something. Meaning management actually understands what the engineers are doing, and therefore what's going on, which I don't think is a bad idea.

So Bayer made Zyklon B, invests in Israel, their Round Up weed killer is subject of cancer litigation, Bayer owns Monsanto (didn't know that), their stock value has tanked since last year and Bayer's CEO uses the word "lame" in an inappropriate dated way.

But they own Xabi Alonso's fussball team who just won their first Bundesliga and they are restructuring and firing thousands of unnecessary corporate lackey managers. So even Bayer has some good points.

Bayer in Israel is a 21st Century development.
Along with Bayer other huge Rhineland multinationals involved in IG Farben manufacturing Zyklon B and Nazi slave labour included BASF, whose blank tapes were highly favoured back in the day, before BASF being refounded in early 1950's

Bayer in Israel is a 21st Century development.
Along with Bayer other huge Rhineland multinationals involved in IG Farben manufacturing Zyklon B and Nazi slave labour included BASF, whose blank tapes were highly favoured back in the day, before BASF being refounded in early 1950's
I knew the IG Farben story but the Israeli connection was new to me. There is a good book about the history of aspirin that covers Bayer in the early 20th century, as they are the first modern pharma company as they developed aspirin and built their empire from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back