Bored in A&E (1 Viewer)

Speaking of cans. I love how in the US the medication (I was on it for a bit a few years ago) says ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL. They were super strict on it. Here, it says a woman is allowed 2 units (pints) per day. Awesome. The pharmacist made sure to explain to me that I could not save them all up and drink them in one night out. I laughed.

Careful, rummy.
A unit is a half pint.

I can fix that so,

The room is 40 degrees.

The woman next to me not only smells terrible but has to have the toilet brought to her. It's a very small room and she normally needs to go right when it's time to eat. She also rings her bell every five minutes for some complaint or another. She likes to have her curtain open so I have to see her and have no privacy. Her daughter keeps looking on with disgust and is complaining too. Plus is wearing WAY too much perfume. I want to vomit.

The other woman resembles a comedy version of a man playing an old woman. She can't hear so she screams when she talks. Plus she keeps closing the damn window.

One woman is roaming the hall for (what is it 6 days now, because she was in A & E when I came in) asking for a taxi home. Even the nurses are ignoring her now and she scared and disoriented. She started calling one of the male African nurses 'monkey face'. I feel bad for her but I just can't take it any more. It's just hours of the same thing over and over.

Two doors down is a woman who just says, "I'm awake, I'm awake" over and over. It's like a chant. Seriously, If I were in that room I would have jumped out the window by now.

I don't know how nurses can deal. No way could I do it. My hat is off to some of them here because they are brilliant. I'd lose my mind.

I was going to suggest changing A&E to stand for "Awesome & Excellent". Never mind.

Hello.

Bummer about hospital. The other patients sound really bad. It sounds a bit like endless overcrowded train journeys to the West where the train stop at every station after they said it was an express train.

This is good for about 1 minute: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page.

In the outside world, Zombieism hasn't yet broken out, people are mostly miserable in work or feel weird on the dole, there is good drying out and a stretch in the evening (this trend is expected to continue), hangovers have largely abated and people are thinking about the weekend with a mixture of trepidation and expectation and are forgetting the lessons of last weekend, computers are clandestinely taking over the internet, thirtysomethings everywhere are scratching their heads.

Hope you get honourably discharged on Friday. Failing that count me in on the rescue squad.

Regards,
Buffalo Ballet (he of the poncy name).

Guys, I think it's time for:

* gollum pogrom.

Photo of gollum as a child here:

32148882_367bcccfa7_m.jpg

is that you trying to say 'cheer up Jill Hives, LOOK, i'm listening to Guided by Voices just for you! ' ?

is that you trying to say 'cheer up Jill Hives, LOOK, i'm listening to Guided by Voices just for you! ' ?

It's a coincidence! Alien Lanes is pretty good though. Probably the best from them I've heard. Better than Bee Thousand IMHO.

Is there some 7up left in that bottle? Do you mind if I have some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back