Bored in A&E (5 Viewers)

we were gonna bust her ass out tonite, but theres champions league on so it'll have to wait.

Its amazing how this has stayed out of the news. I mean officially its an international incident. American held captive against her will. I've been checking the newswire regularly and nothing, absolutely nothing. Maybe I should ring my contacts in the Daily Star

Amazing, innit? ;) Update on release, I was suppose to have a test yesterday but it was cancelled. It's been rescheduled for Friday now.

Highlights of my day:

7:00am Breakfast because it's the only consistent edible meal and I get coffee.

8:00am Shower because I get to walk down the hall alone. I've been taking really long showers for alone time.

6:00pm When a friend comes by after work and gives me a push out in the wheel chair.

9:30pm Painkillers that knock me out. I don't really need them but they give them to me so I take them. Otherwise I would never sleep in this mad house.

Crai.

Amazing, innit? ;) Update on release, I was suppose to have a test yesterday but it was cancelled. It's been rescheduled for Friday now.

Highlights of my day:

8:00am Shower because I get to walk down the hall alone. I've been taking really long showers for alone time.

6:00pm When a friend comes by after work and gives me a push out in the wheel chair.

9:30pm Painkillers that knock me out. I don't really need them but they give them to me so I take them. Otherwise I would never sleep in this mad house.

Crai.

Do you have music?

If not I can bring you some.

Do you have music?

If not I can bring you some.

Yes. I have plenty of everything. Still doesn't cure boredom and not being able to walk anywhere you'd like. If I were home I'd be grand but I'm not so it sucks. It's so loud, warm, and depressing. I can't concentrate anything for any length of time. Forget reading a book here. I almost don't want to listen to music because I don't want to later associate with this stay...if that makes sense?

Every time the nurse opens up the window the woman next to it closes it. I feel like goldfish who has jumped out of its bowl. Every time I go to the shower room I stick my head out the window for air. I feel like I can't breathe and I have a constant headache. :(

Yes. I have plenty of everything. Still doesn't cure boredom and not being able to walk anywhere you'd like. If I were home I'd be grand but I'm not so it sucks. It's so loud, warm, and depressing. I can't concentrate anything for any length of time. Forget reading a book here. I almost don't want to listen to music because I don't want to later associate with this stay...if that makes sense?

Every time the nurse opens up the window the woman next to it closes it. I feel like goldfish who has jumped out of its bowl. Every time I go to the shower room I stick my head out the window for air. I feel like I can't breathe and I have a constant headache. :(

makes perfect sense.

can you physically not walk anywhere you want? Or are they telling you not to?

Tell that aul one in the bed next to you to cop on or she'll be getting slaps off hippies dressed as nuns.

makes perfect sense.

can you physically not walk anywhere you want? Or are they telling you not to?

Tell that aul one in the bed next to you to cop on or she'll be getting slaps off hippies dressed as nuns.

They tell me not to walk anywhere. I am perfectly able to walk. Granted, I wouldn't be running but I can walk a normal human pace.

Highlights of my day:

Crai.

Not to trivialize your boredom, but this sounds like heaven to me.

Not to trivialize your boredom, but this sounds like heaven to me.

I can fix that so,

The room is 40 degrees.

The woman next to me not only smells terrible but has to have the toilet brought to her. It's a very small room and she normally needs to go right when it's time to eat. She also rings her bell every five minutes for some complaint or another. She likes to have her curtain open so I have to see her and have no privacy. Her daughter keeps looking on with disgust and is complaining too. Plus is wearing WAY too much perfume. I want to vomit.

The other woman resembles a comedy version of a man playing an old woman. She can't hear so she screams when she talks. Plus she keeps closing the damn window.

One woman is roaming the hall for (what is it 6 days now, because she was in A & E when I came in) asking for a taxi home. Even the nurses are ignoring her now and she scared and disoriented. She started calling one of the male African nurses 'monkey face'. I feel bad for her but I just can't take it any more. It's just hours of the same thing over and over.

Two doors down is a woman who just says, "I'm awake, I'm awake" over and over. It's like a chant. Seriously, If I were in that room I would have jumped out the window by now.

I don't know how nurses can deal. No way could I do it. My hat is off to some of them here because they are brilliant. I'd lose my mind.

I can fix that so,

The room is 40 degrees.

The woman next to me not only smells terrible but has to have the toilet brought to her. It's a very small room and she normally needs to go right when it's time to eat. She also rings her bell every five minutes for some complaint or another. She likes to have her curtain open so I have to see her and have no privacy. Her daughter keeps looking on with disgust and is complaining too. Plus is wearing WAY too much perfume. I want to vomit.

The other woman resembles a comedy version of a man playing an old woman. She can't hear so she screams when she talks. Plus she keeps closing the damn window.

One woman is roaming the hall for (what is it 6 days now, because she was in A & E when I came in) asking for a taxi home. Even the nurses are ignoring her now and she scared and disoriented. She started calling one of the male African nurses 'monkey face'. I feel bad for her but I just can't take it any more. It's just hours of the same thing over and over.

Two doors down is a woman who just says, "I'm awake, I'm awake" over and over. It's like a chant. Seriously, If I were in that room I would have jumped out the window by now.

I don't know how nurses can deal. No way could I do it. My hat is off to some of them here because they are brilliant. I'd lose my mind.

If there's a large Indian, sorry Native American, patient there, ask her to throw a chair through one of the windows so you can escape.

That's really horrible. It sounds like a complete nightmare. Do you think if you drew spots all over your body they'd give you a room to yourself in an infectious diseases unit or something? Peace and quiet.

Oh God Jane. I'm having a panic attack just reading that stuff. Some time when this is all behind you we should get together to laugh over hospital stories. Your experience is so similar to past experiences of my own. I really do feel for you.

I really do hope you can get out of there very soon.

Now there's drilling. Honestly, I welcome it. It's covering other stuff. However, now they lost my lunch. Not that'd I'd eat it anyway. I told them not to bother but they've gone looking for it. I just want the ice cream.

Right thats it.

I'm prescribing you a Bacon double cheese burger meal stat.

And a few sneaky cans.

I'll be over shortly.Are yis right lads,we'll rendevous at that joke shop by the Gaiety and pick up our disguises.

Now there's drilling. Honestly, I welcome it. It's covering other stuff. However, now they lost my lunch. Not that'd I'd eat it anyway. I told them not to bother but they've gone looking for it. I just want the ice cream.

did you get pancakes yesterday?

Speaking of cans. I love how in the US the medication (I was on it for a bit a few years ago) says ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL. They were super strict on it. Here, it says a woman is allowed 2 units (pints) per day. Awesome. The pharmacist made sure to explain to me that I could not save them all up and drink them in one night out. I laughed.

I've been drunk whilst in hospital.Its grand.A packet of mints and keep the crooning to a minimum and yer good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back