Books to read before you're 16 (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
Right

Looking for suggestions for the girlfriend. As part of her preparation for the PGCE (Teacher Training course in England), she needs to suggest six books that a kid should read by the time they reach 16.

So... any suggestions? All are most welcome...

I presume Roald Dahl, Danny the Champion of the World and the Twits.

We were actually just talking about these down the pub the other night, what great great books they were.

Hey Ms. B have you read the more recent Adrian Mole, when he's like 24/25 or some-it, I heard there was a more recent book floating around?

ms.b.haven said:
Pandora
i adore you
i implore you
don't ignore me

didn't even know that. the last Adrian Mole book i read was where he was living with pandaora and ended up with headlice
tripoli said:
Hey Ms. B have you read the more recent Adrian Mole, when he's like 24/25 or some-it, I heard there was a more recent book floating around?

Zeelander said:
The Outsiders
Catcher In The Rye

Man I fuckin loved those books

Mein Kampf by A. Dolph Lundgren
Are you there God? It's me, I need implants

Seriously but..... my favourite teenage bukes were:
Anything by Irving
Anything by Vonnegut
Lorrrd of the Rrrrings

Girl/Boytalk would be a beneficial read to any adolescent.Taught me all i needed to know.Deadly pictures too.

by 16 you should (if you're a reader) have read at least something by Martin Amis - the Rachel Papers springs to mind, the Catcher in the Rye, 1984, Brighton Rock, The Hotel New Hampshire, I'm with the Band by Pamela Des Barres and the complete ouevre of Danny Sugerman and Jeffrey Archer. Plus all the awful shit you're made to read in school such as Hard Times etc. Hate Dickens, hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back