Books to read before you're 16 (2 Viewers)

Martina Burke said:
I've hardly heard of any of the books anyone's mentioned, let alone read them!! Aren't they a bit high brow for kids? And nobody's mentioned Enid Blyton.

have you heard of the da vinci code?

0060392886.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Only learnin' they'll need.

Between The Blinds: The Derrida Reader, Jacques Derrida.

This will put them to sleep. Or alternately they could use them as goalposts.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Focualt's Pendulum.
Are you serious? I read that about a year ago and I needed the dictionary close at hand and had to check it for practically every page of that impenetrable tome! Maybe I knew more words when I was 16; I know I pretended I did. But that reminds me, my advice to my 16-year-old self would be read books you enjoy rather than ones you think are cool and intellectual. Maybe then my 25-year-old self would not be sick of Sartre and so into fantasy novels and comics! And then my 16-year-old self would tell me "fuck off, pleb!

Seriously though, I enjoyed 1984 and Lord of the Flies a lot at that age but I wish I wasn’t afraid to read strictly fun books at the time too.

frona said:
Are you serious? I read that about a year ago and I needed the dictionary close at hand and had to check it for practically every page of that impenetrable tome! Maybe I knew more words when I was 16; I know I pretended I did. But that reminds me, my advice to my 16-year-old self would be read books you enjoy rather than ones you think are cool and intellectual. Maybe then my 25-year-old self would not be sick of Sartre and so into fantasy novels and comics! And then my 16-year-old self would tell me "fuck off, pleb!

Seriously though, I enjoyed 1984 and Lord of the Flies a lot at that age but I wish I wasn’t afraid to read strictly fun books at the time too.

Fuck sake frona....my first suggestion was the good sex giude. C'mon now,you sound like Berk.

Dear Mr Girl, Esq.
It's spelled Foucault's

I remain sir, your most humble and obedient servant.
Yrs,
ICUH8N

ICUH8N said:
Dear Mr Girl, Esq.
It's spelled Foucault's

I remain sir, your most humble and obedient servant.
Yrs,
ICUH8N

-as well you should boy, as weelllllll yyyoooouuuu ssshhhouuulllld....

Gettin nervy yet?

HitsLikeAGirl said:
-as well you should boy, as weelllllll yyyoooouuuu ssshhhouuulllld....

Gettin nervy yet?

I reckon it's a no-go. Haven't had confirmation, but I'm 95% sure. Back to the drawing board til December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back