Bomb attacks in london (6 Viewers)

MacFlecknoe said:
This is what the BBC have got:

The airports are going to be a pisser to get through.

I'd hate to be in Bradford or Leicester over the coming months.

i hope it'll be o.k.

again, best of luck with the interview

nofriendo said:
First off, i am in no way condoning what happened in London today, but you have to ask yourself what constitutes terrorism.

terrorism

n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians

nofriendo said:
If everyone is calling this a war then where do you draw the line with respect to retaliations. Countless people in Iraq have died in bomb attacks at the hand of other nations. Is it because they were dropped from planes what makes it right!

The bombings in Iraq were not indiscriminate. They were to get rid of Saddam, get the insurgents etc etc. There was a purpose to them. The US/Uk troops weren't aiming to kill civilians, although obviously this did happen. If they really wanted to kill civilians there would be millions dead by now.

The bombing in London was designed to kill as many totally innocent civilians as possible. There was no other intention behind it.

spiritualtramp said:
The bombings in Iraq were not indiscriminate. They were to get rid of Saddam, get the insurgents etc etc. There was a purpose to them. The US/Uk troops weren't aiming to kill civilians, although obviously this did happen. If they really wanted to kill civilians there would be millions dead by now.

The bombing in London was designed to kill as many totally innocent civilians as possible. There was no other intention behind it.

Terrorism: "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

I always thought the Bombing in Iraq were to rid the country of WMDs and because of Saddam's "links" with Al Qaeda. There are over 100,000 Iraqis dead now because of this war. No WMDs and no "links". In other words this is an illegal war.

The people who bombed the London underground are vile human beings and deserve nothing but contempt but as George Galloway said yesterday , Londoners have paid the price of their government's actions. I am not saying anyone in London deserved to die such horrific deaths but Blair's involvment in the "War on terror" made it inevitable that these lunatics would attack Britain.

i wasn't even shocked when i heard first. i just thought, well that was bound to happen wasn't it......
it'll be Shannon next
kraster said:
I am not saying anyone in London deserved to die such horrific deaths but Blair's involvment in the "War on terror" made it inevitable that these lunatics would attack Britain.

kraster said:
I always thought the Bombing in Iraq were to rid the country of WMDs and because of Saddam's "links" with Al Qaeda.

The main reason behind the war was to get rid of Saddam who was a total fucking cunt. It may not fit into your right-on lefty beliefs but the war was for a humanitarian reason.

kraster said:
There are over 100,000 Iraqis dead now because of this war. No WMDs and no "links". In other words this is an illegal war.

I dispute this 100,000 figure. It includes people who would have died anyway.

Whatever the figure is (I'd say 30,000 civilians ) the deaths were not deliberate. This doesn't make the people any less dead obviously but I think it does show the US/Uk to be more moral than the motherfuckers that bombed London.

kraster said:
The people who bombed the London underground are vile human beings and deserve nothing but contempt

No fucking shit.

kraster said:
but as George Galloway said yesterday , Londoners have paid the price of their government's actions. I am not saying anyone in London deserved to die such horrific deaths but Blair's involvment in the "War on terror" made it inevitable that these lunatics would attack Britain.

What a surprise, gorgeous George is milking it.

London increased their security after september the 11th which was long before they were involved in Afganistan or the invasion of Iraq. So one cannot simply blame this on the war on terror. There are a mulitude of complex reasons behind the motives of Al-Qaeda, it is far too simplistic to blame this attack on London on the WOT.

the "i'm alright jack" attitude of us irish folk will change as soon as we become a target (due to the shannon situation as miss b has pointed out).

Over there the tories will get in next time round cause labour have watered themselves down so much and gotten into bed with so many people that the uk'ers will want a strong swing back toward conservatism. i reckons.

The worlds in a fuckin mess so there's no point splitting hairs over definitions of terrorism/state sanctioned genocide.

It happens. It will continue to happen. It a bad buzz, but what can we do?

giveadogabone said:
the "i'm alright jack" attitude of us irish folk will change as soon as we become a target (due to the shannon situation as miss b has pointed out).

I doubt we are a target.

giveadogabone said:
Over there the tories will get in next time round cause labour have watered themselves down so much and gotten into bed with so many people that the uk'ers will want a strong swing back toward conservatism. i reckons.

I doubt the tories are going to milk the attack for their own benefit.

giveadogabone said:
The worlds in a fuckin mess so there's no point splitting hairs over definitions of terrorism/state sanctioned genocide.

There is a point to splitting hairs, the bombing of Iraq was totally different to the bombing of London.

I'm going to repeat myself now just in case people still don't get it.

THE AIM OF THE IRAQ WAR WAS NOT TO KILL IRAQI CIVILIANS - FACT.

THE AIM OF THE ATTACKS ON LONDON WAS TO KILL AS MANY INNOCENT CIVILIANS AS POSSIBLE - FACT

Can the people who justify the bombing in London with the bullshit excuse that "the UK was bombing people in Iraq so they are just as evil" kindly get the above into their thick fucking skulls.

i doubt we are either. never say never though eh? and even if we're not going to bombed downed by terrorists, don't worry kids Sellafield will get us eventually

spiritualtramp said:
I doubt we are a target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back