Boardwalk Empire Season 5 (4 Viewers)

Was the original idea to continue into the '20s and have Rothstein's death in it? There seemed to be build up in the previous season with Margaret Schroeder and him and although it was fun viewing it never had a pay off. Now we find out he's been dead for yonks. Does Maggie "Fillum" get some post-humous benefit of her alliance with Rothstein? I was aware Massarea was killed within the timeframe of this final season but had presumed it would be a major plot point of the season.

Was the original idea to continue into the '20s and have Rothstein's death in it? There seemed to be build up in the previous season with Margaret Schroeder and him and although it was fun viewing it never had a pay off. Now we find out he's been dead for yonks. Does Maggie "Fillum" get some post-humous benefit of her alliance with Rothstein? I was aware Massarea was killed within the timeframe of this final season but had presumed it would be a major plot point of the season.

Yeah probably. The story telling really stinks. I feel like the final season of Boardwalk is what we would have gotten if David Milch took HBO up on their offer for the Deadwood movies/mini series.

To paraphrase Milch's comments on the matter "if you can't do something right then don't do it at all" and Boardwalk has gone against those words and results are strange and iffy.

I can't tell most of the people in suits apart. I have no idea who some of the characters are. I can't understand a sizeable chunk of the dialogue.

And it's still great.

But god this feels a bit desperate at the moment. I know that they were put in a bad position with having the show cut short but it doesn’t feel like they’re making the most of what little time they have left. They must have spent about 20 minutes on that Chalky subplot and it just ended with him killing the guy, as if we didn’t see that coming. I feel like the flashbacks are so as well – none of this stuff is new.

You can see how they're starting to tie up the strings.
Van Alden and Eli going stoolie.
You could see Eli's wife ratting out Nucky too. If she even knew anything.

The Norwegian wife in this episode was great. They have just been using her as a termagant/shrew. She should have been more like this all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back