Boardwalk Empire Season 5 (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say I was particularly sad about the deaths.
The show is being wrapped up prematurely, wrapped up in a very middling way.

It's not like there will be a massive hole that will be left for multiple seasons like what happened with poor Jimmy D. I've really enjoyed this show over the years but I think the quality declined after season two and the show got stuck in the typical gangster show season arch of simply introducing a new antagonist gangster for the lead characters to bash heads with each season.

I have enjoyed the show immensely but I don't think it ever truly reached it's full potential.

I was reading that the reason Jimmy was killed off was because Pitt was such a nightmare to work with and that his story arc ended prematurely because of it so we would have had a much different show if that hadn’t happened. Having a new protagonist each season is such a classic TV trope but it didn’t really need to be added to this.

Season 2 was the peak. Season 3 was good but the start of the decline.

It’s looking more and more likely that Nucky will be killed if he’s going to go toe to toe with Luciano. Unless they pull an Inglorious Basterds which would be hilarious.

So do we think that the kid that Mickey wakes up by flicking on his ear, and who later finds Nucky after he’s been robbed is going to turn out to be Tommy Darmody?

It'd be mad corny if he was, also unless the woman who took him in told him how would he remember/know what had happened to his father.

I was reading that the reason Jimmy was killed off was because Pitt was such a nightmare to work with and that his story arc ended prematurely because of it so we would have had a much different show if that hadn’t happened. Having a new protagonist each season is such a classic TV trope but it didn’t really need to be added to this.

Season 2 was the peak. Season 3 was good but the start of the decline.

I've heard rumbling of that but who knows if it's through.
Terrence Winter has denied it although he was and probably is a diplomatic professional.

What you say is definitely true for Paz de la Huerta though for sure!

That kid must be Tommy Darmody. He's the spitting image of Michael Pitt.

I wish we'd seen more of Bugsy Siegal in this show, he's one of my favourite characters.

That was a bloody great episode though

I wasn't keen on the kid flashbacks but the ones with a slightly older Nucky have been terrific and have really given depth to the character, which is quite unusual for flashbacks. And funny how I was moaning about Gillian being superfluous but they've really managed to tie her into the final part of Nucky's story. The young version of her was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back