Boardwalk Empire Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Alright. Fuck! Last episode is out tonight/tomorrow.

What do we think is gonna happen?

My guess is that it will all end with Nucky getting out of the game and away from Luciano / Lansky (please don't spoil this, I don't know the historical reality) and then the mysterious kid in the club will turn out to be Tommy and will shoot him.

Or maybe he'll kill possible Tommy......

Ding ding ding!

that was deadly

I feel ambivalent about it. I guessed the ending correctly but that doesn't mean much.

It was just rushed and less satisfying than it could have been if they had have let it go on for a few more years.
In the end I didn't really care who lived or died except maybe Eli but then he doesn't exactly have a happy ending.

I suppose the big theme of money corrupting was good, the final shot was poignant.

i didn't really enjoy the season as a whole (except the bugsy parts, and mickey doyle) but that was a fucking great finale. i'd watch the whole 5 seasons again based on that ending.

the real doctor cotton:

Henry Cotton (doctor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cotton began to implement the emerging medical theory of infection-based psychological disorders by pulling patients' teeth, as they were suspected of harboring infections. If this failed to cure a patient, he sought sources of infection in tonsils and sinuses and often a tonsillectomy was recommended as additional treatment. If a cure was not achieved after these procedures, other organs were suspected of harboring infection. Testicles, ovaries, gall bladders, stomachs, spleens, cervixes, and especially colons were suspected as the focus of infection and removed surgically.

The danger of surgery was recognized by some patients in the institution, who, despite their mental illness, developed a very rational fear of the surgical procedures, some resisting violently as they were forced into the operating theater in complete contradiction of what are now commonly accepted medical ethics. A paternalistic attitude and the permission of the family of seriously insane patients was the basis of intervention at the time.
the appearance and behavior of almost all of the psychotic patients was disturbing...because their teeth had been removed, making it difficult for them to eat or speak.
Later Cotton would occasionally admit to death rates as high as 30% in his published papers. It appears that the true death rates were closer to 45% and that Cotton never fully recognized the errors his staff made in analyzing his work.

That has to have been one of the most telegraphed finales in tv history. That said, aside from the Margaret/Joe Kennedy arc which was heavy-handed to say the least, it was done so well you couldn't complain. Really enjoyed this last season. Pity it had to be so brief.

i didn't really enjoy the season as a whole (except the bugsy parts, and mickey doyle) but that was a fucking great finale. i'd watch the whole 5 seasons again based on that ending.
Agreed. Terrific finale.

I really enjoyed the second half of the season, particularly Bugsy and young Nucky

so, bizarrely, they were prosthetic (according to this), but his actual teeth are nearly as prominent

744933.marc-pickering-as-reiver-in-an-inciden

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back