Blueberry muffins (1 Viewer)

The Book People have dropped in a Muffin Recipe book this month which I'm very tempted to buy a copy of.

Blueberry muffins are pretty good, I like lemon and poppyseed too.

On a related note, Jimmybreeze bakes lovely raspberry muffins.

Well, he did, once, as cookiemonster should be able to confirm. I'm assuming he is capable of repeating the feat :D
Cookiemonster sounds like the sort of person whose opinions on raspberry muffins can be trusted.

I think if you can make delicious raspberry muffins once, you can do it a million times. Thanks for the tip Squiggle.

Cookiemonster sounds like the sort of person whose opinions on raspberry muffins can be trusted.

I think if you can make delicious raspberry muffins once, you can do it a million times. Thanks for the tip Squiggle.

Whether Jimmybreeze will thank me or not is another matter, what with all the muffin orders he'll be getting from now on.

See what you miss when you don't join in the sociable cooking fun Wobbs

i love blueberry muffins too. i had one most days for breakfast the last year or two

my other half told that shop bought blueberry muffins have a higher calorie count and fat count than the chocolate ones. Don't ask me how he knows this.

who gives a fuck about that?!

as for berries, it is hard to beat the raspberries alright. raspberries and blackberries are the best for baking

in case anyone wants it, heres a really simple muffin recipe i use. it takes about 5 seconds to prepare and it seems to be completely foolproof - u can add anything and it'll still puff up and be great. i think i took it down off nigella lawson on the tv years ago...

dry ingredients:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt

wet ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sunflower/vegetable/whatever oil

method:
sieve the dry ingredients together twice, trying to get as much air in as possible. then add any blueberries/raspberries/nuts/seeds/chocolate or whatever.

in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients well (add anything else wet, like vanilla essence or whatever), then mix the wet into the dry, but don't mix them too well, or you'll knock the air out of the flour, lumpy is good.

pour it in a greased cake tin if u want a muffin cake, or into a muffin tray if u want actual muffins. at 200c it takes about 15-20 mins for muffins and about 30-40 for the cake, but check it with a knife.

All of the accusations made in this thread are true :eek:

I promise ill try to feed you people more nice muffins in future and throw less of the liquids at people,
yours sincerely,

Jimmybreeze

If anyone is ever in an Espresso House cafe in Sweden, try a Rasberry and Cardommon muffin. Best muffins i ever tasted.
I am quite partial to a Cuisine De France Blueberry and Yoghurt muffin too, nice and moist. No time for dryness with my muffins.

The Book People have dropped in a Muffin Recipe book this month which I'm very tempted to buy a copy of.

Blueberry muffins are pretty good, I like lemon and poppyseed too.

On a related note, Jimmybreeze bakes lovely raspberry muffins.

I got that book! I haven't made anything from it yet as it's my parents house and I am not, some of the stuff sounds incredible though, can't wait to start baking again!

I find the shop bought blueberry muffins a bit sweet but I made a batch myself withe some nice tart blueberries and they were nice served hot with some vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

in case anyone wants it, heres a really simple muffin recipe i use. it takes about 5 seconds to prepare and it seems to be completely foolproof - u can add anything and it'll still puff up and be great. i think i took it down off nigella lawson on the tv years ago...

dry ingredients:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt

wet ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sunflower/vegetable/whatever oil

method:
sieve the dry ingredients together twice, trying to get as much air in as possible. then add any blueberries/raspberries/nuts/seeds/chocolate or whatever.

in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients well (add anything else wet, like vanilla essence or whatever), then mix the wet into the dry, but don't mix them too well, or you'll knock the air out of the flour, lumpy is good.

pour it in a greased cake tin if u want a muffin cake, or into a muffin tray if u want actual muffins. at 200c it takes about 15-20 mins for muffins and about 30-40 for the cake, but check it with a knife.

That's a handy little recipe alright.

I added about 15g of cocoa powder & 75g of chopped dark chocolate to make chocolate muffins.

Yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back