Bloody Chuggers (1 Viewer)

I've met chuggers in a non chugging environment.
They don't seem to think they're doing anything wrong.

i don't think they are doing anything wrong.

it's probably just that loads of them are just pseudo-crusty student types that are only taking advantage of the high pay so they can go travelling in a few months - generally, they don't appear genuine at all.

There must be loads of normal chuggers who don't annoy people who feel that everyone is grouping them with all the dickheads that get in people's faces.
Anyway, there's this cunt advertising on Thumped looking for sponsership to get his hair cut now, fuck sake even the internet isn't safe anymore.

I agree but the mind-boggling rudeness that some show would not be tolerated if it weren't all for charidee...I can only imagine if say insurance salesmen used the same technique that they would be run out of time. Also, when you sign up to a certain number of these donations can you get a badge or something (like on flag days) so that they leave you alone. I work in by Stephen's Green and every day I have to deal with at least 3 of these guys just getting to the green to eat my lunch...

i've never had a problem with chuggers, i already know i'm not giving them any money, our relationship begins and ends there

isn't life easy?!

I had a friend who did it for a year and its a really tough job to be honest which is in part due to the constant travelling and not the actual work. The likes of Focus Ireland usually send people around the country to their different catchments in 1 or 2 week periods at a time.

So your average chugger never spends more than a week or two in the one place and usually lives in rented holiday accomodation. I can't imagine how it must be getting up on a wet winters monday morning in a horrible town like Kilrush knowing you have two weeks of bad weather and abuse ahead of you...your only motivation to go on being a dinner of koka noodles and 6 cans of tuborg.

Here i've come full circle on this chugger thing. I'm gonna go out and give the next chugger i see a big hug. Poor bastards.

not quite a chugger but has anyone met the big fat guy with the sponsorship slip for a race he is supposedly goin to run?

I usually see him round Terenure these days but ive also ran into him in Ranelagh and harolds cross. he has come twice to places i work.

This guy would be barely capable of walking a flight of stairs. I've been there when people give him money, say €2 and he will be like "is that all you are goin to give me" and walk off disgusted.

last time i saw him, he was coming out of mizzonis with a huge bag of food arguing with a taxi guy.
I was with some mates in a pub in shoreditch a few years ago, and there was this youngish fella going around with a sponsorship form or somesuch. He approached my mate, and explained he was a student at a local college, and was virtually blind. The college was refusing to offer him whatever asssitance he required, and would we sign his petition? So my mate obliged, and as he started to write down his details, the chap asks what size of donation we would be giving him to help him in his plight. So my mate throws him a few quid, and carries on filling out the form. Now the area to fill out your details was pretty small, so his writing was tiny. He got to the end of his address, turned to me and said 'I'm not sure what my postcode is' and in a flash the blind bloke turned round and said 'Golders Green is NW11 mate'.

Sorry I know it's not strictly a chugging story, but anyway...

To be legally blind used to mean you only had light perception but now its seems to also cover very bad sight.

Eddie the Eagle is legally blind i bet.

Ah no don't get me wrong - you really shoulda dragged him up an alley and gouged his eyes out Reggie Kray style.

I'm a total sucker for the charity scratch cards myself.

haha i'd forgotten about the chelsea smile. I'm still afraid to put my hand over a snooker pocket to this day.

not quite a chugger but has anyone met the big fat guy with the sponsorship slip for a race he is supposedly goin to run?

I usually see him round Terenure these days but ive also ran into him in Ranelagh and harolds cross. he has come twice to places i work.

This guy would be barely capable of walking a flight of stairs. I've been there when people give him money, say €2 and he will be like "is that all you are goin to give me" and walk off disgusted.

last time i saw him, he was coming out of mizzonis with a huge bag of food arguing with a taxi guy.

Is he a huge big lump with a demented look in his eye and is really pretty rude? [I think he's a bit not all there].

Thats him alright id say. He acts like he is gonna thump you any second. I know a guy who had to write a text for him once.

It was all kind of stuff like "tell mary i wont be coming to her tea party cause she is a bitch"

Is he a huge big lump with a demented look in his eye and is really pretty rude? [I think he's a bit not all there].

Thats him alright id say. He acts like he is gonna thump you any second. I know a guy who had to write a text for him once.

It was all kind of stuff like "tell mary i wont be coming to her tea party cause she is a bitch"

He's some character alright. A total fucking pain in the arse also.

time for another mention of those Barnardo's hippies with their prancing and curtsying, inane smiles and there eyes- open-as-wide-as-they-possibly-can to indicate they're not threatening

cunts

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back