Black Metal Recommendations (3 Viewers)

black metal recommendation?

Escape_R1.jpg

anyone remembers "Sadness"?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But carefull with that my old friend once cut his wrist to that and few years later made his first baby to that same song,for me its great for falling asleep.

that ulver album, shadows of the sun is good. his voice takes a while to get used to. he sounds like si schroeder almost.

not liking the WINO album much. bit lame.

i met this massive skinhead black metaler lad at a loft party in Bergen, Norway when i was there in 95, who knew Varg before he was put away.

I don't know how we started talking, my then norwegian gf was a bit horrified that I was talking to him I think and stayed well clear.
His English was pretty good though, so we chatted. He looked absolutely terrifying, and he was in a black metal band that was fairly well known, I forget the name.

The thing about him was when I talked to him I realised he was one of the most fragile and delicate people I had ever met.

He was like some genteel old Southern lady in a Tenessee Williams play. Except he was a massive Norwegian Skin Metaler.
No one was talking to him. Everyone seemed scared of him.

It was very strange. I was thinking about it later a fair bit. It pretty much sumed up Black Metal for me.

(Also at the same party; Erland Oye and the dude from Royksopp. Bergen in those days was a cool place. )

He's stated before that he plans to disappear once he gets out. He has no interest in metal anymore.

He has stated on the Burzum website that once he is released he plans to "disappear from public view, publish a few books and perhaps a Burzum album or two". It was a few years since he said that but I don't believe he's said anything different since then. He also contributed to the black metal documentary "Until the Light Takes Us" last year. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't release more music.

He's stated before that he plans to disappear once he gets out. He has no interest in metal anymore.

He has stated on the Burzum website that once he is released he plans to "disappear from public view, publish a few books and perhaps a Burzum album or two". It was a few years since he said that but I don't believe he's said anything different since then. He also contributed to the black metal documentary "Until the Light Takes Us" last year. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't release more music.

I heard he said on the Burzum website that once he is released he plans to "disappear from public view, publish a few books and perhaps a Burzum album or two". It was a few years since he said that but I don't believe he's said anything different since then. He also contributed to the black metal documentary "Until the Light Takes Us" last year. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't release more music.

True they were synth albums because he had no access to guitars but i'd say your right cesspool chances are anything he releases won't be metal.

yeah it'll be Odinist Opera....

So 16 years is a life-sentence for murder in Norway then?

I suppose you could see the whole Varg "thing" as a Black Metal PR excercise - its the one story that everyone knows about that genre.

A bunch of angry, chip-on-their-shoulders, testosterone-fuelled Norwegian adolescents rebel against their stultifyingly pleasent country/social democracy by burning churches, dressing up in histrionic costumes and then finally kill themselves and/or eachother.

Phew, crazy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back