bitterfuming thread/warning (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus I can't believe that no one feels any sympathy for Derrick.

You're all fuckin blackguards.

Derrick, you've every right to be fuming and I understand you putting up a post to name and shame (and warn of course). I would've taken a hurl and practised the poc fada on his balls. Repeatedly. Practice makes perfect. What he did is just so not cool. Just be thankful you're more decent than that.

Hope you get it sorted

And Andy - bring on the wrath - I don't give a shite.

F

yo, it's an unwritten rule, everyone plays by it... if you were playin/using it when it broke, you fix it... andy, you motherfucker, you seriously expect anyone to believe that you wouldn't be threatening to cut derek's throat or something if the situation was reversed? yeah.... RIGHT!!! WHATEVER!!!

I'd take it up with the promoters, myself. It was them the amp was really lent to.

I wasn't there but was Andy doing anything with the amp that was so different to what everyone else was playing? I mean, did he whack everything up to 11 and just go mental with it?
If not then it seems like bad luck on his part that the amp blew while he was playing it. I do think that he should at least offer to pay for half the cost of repairing it.
Despite this, Andy's attitude according to Derrick (and Derrick is a good, decent sort of fellow) seems a bit childish and the "what are you going to do about it?" sneering tone is inviting a smack in the gob!

i know a guy who lent a band mates fathers banjo and mandolin to someone 5 years ago ,got a lend of a guitar from one of his mates for said band mate which he refused to give back purely because he is a out and out dick wad ,my advice is treat your instruments and equipment like your soul dont go lendin it.

We shouldn't judge until we hear Andy's version. However, regardless of how this happened, if an amp you borrowed blows while you're using it, you should at least try to accomodate things in some way (E.G. pay part of the repair or something)

You shouldn't borrow anything unless you're ready to do so.

actually one time Derrick's band used my amp and it blew. We were playing after and our gig was ruined

I had to get rid of it after. Now I have a new amp and nobody gets to use it except me

But I should say that I didn't blame him, and I still don't. It blew during our set, not Derrick's, butI'm sure it didn't help that there were three other bands playing through it.

just saying like, Derrick's a sound guy and I'm sure he would have done something about it if he felt it had been his fault - just these things happen is all

got nothing to do with the Andy situation, reckon that's between the two of you boys.

crashUKDVD181x250.jpg

dudley said:
theres a song on this new rachels lp with actual singing on it. by far and away the best thing they've other come up with
i never liked them

argh, snakey, you're a fair man and this would normally be my sentiment too... but from derek's description of what happened, trying to sort it out with andy has lead to the aforementioned "what are you going to do about it?" ... which is typical of andy's attitude in these situations from my experience... also, in my experience, if i've ever borrowed equipment or anyone in a band i was in has, and something happened to it while we were using it, it's kinda part of the risk you take when borrowing something... i'm sure you've heard "i want it back in the same condition i gave it to you in" etc... a fair thing would maybe be for the promoter and andy to split the cost of the repair? since many other people were using it too apparently...

sayin'.

snakybus said:
got nothing to do with the Andy situation, reckon that's between the two of you boys.

yeah, wha'evah, none of my business

hey, I'll lend you my sister if you send her back in the same condition, what do you reckon? no broken hearts :)

hope my sis doesn't read this

snakybus said:

hey, I'll lend you my sister if you send her back in the same condition, what do you reckon? no broken hearts :)

Would you be willing to let a whole series of people use her if it was an all-day affair type thing? I reckon maybe the promoter would be responsible in that type of situation if anything goes wrong ...

Derricks a nice guy. From what I know Andy's a nice guy too.
Andy was using Derricks amp and blew it with his noisetastic performance.
Andy should help Derrick out. He said he would.

Bad form Andy. I know you might be broke and all but, y'know, it's a rule about using people gear.

oh, and this forum is exactly where this stuff should be brought up. Christ, where would you turn if you were treated like that?

I mean to take no sides, it seems fairly straight forward is all....

I suggest this be settled with a bit of dignity. A fist fight. Temple Bar Square. 1 a.m. Saturday October 18. Whoever doesn't show up is a, em, sissy.

This reminds me of the time I got my head stuck in the railings down by Heuston Station. The firemen said it was up to Iarnrod Eireann to cut me out, while the choochoo men said it was the firemen's duty. I was stuck there pure defenceless for four working days.
My point is, the real casualty here is the poor broken amp. Why isn't anyone saying anything about the amp?

me and your sister... sounds like a plan :)
so i guess world hunger is none of your business either, eh?
no... i guess not. so, what's your sister doing later?
snakybus said:

hugh said:
Would you be willing to let a whole series of people use her if it was an all-day affair type thing? I reckon maybe the promoter would be responsible in that type of situation if anything goes wrong ...
that's what's called stretching an analogy into new territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back