Bin Charges. (1 Viewer)

Corey

Up to two grand. Never paid 'em on account of the fact that we're renting, and there was already a balance on the account when we moved in.

So, ah...Mitchum. You're a lawyer right?

Anyone know anything?

How long you there? Find out when the previous tenants were there till, how long it was vacant before youse, etc. Then fudge the dates a bit. The Council don't have access to tax details - yet.

You're an artist? Try that angle? As in, the whole, "unemployed" bit?

What constituency you in?

Mine's up to about €700. About €300 of which was owed by the previous tenants. I brought the bills down to the council and got them to work out how much I owe but I never paid them. They've subsequently sent another huge bill so I now have the same problem all over again.

I wonder how long they'll send bills and keep collecting your rubbish for without ever receiving payment? It's been about four years so far.

Also, I wish they'd collect the green bin more often than once a month, I fill it in two weeks easy.

I paid the arrears on ours -266 quid - so It wouldn't interfere with the sale of the house. They knew we'd been living here for nearly four years because the house was shared ownership with them. I denied ever putting the bin out for collection but as there was a blanket charge for two years they insisted I pay for that period. Since October I've been bringing my rubbish to Drimnagh and putting it in me Da's bin as he's a pensioner and it's free. They can fuck off if they think they're getting any more money out of us. Pricks.

They have stopped taking the bins from people in our area.

BUT, if you put a black bag out and wait for them, they will let you throw it in the back of the truck, but they can't do it for you. Cue a row of owl' wans every Wednesday in their housecoats standing beside their bin bags....

Our neighbour was big into the anti-bin tax thing but now he's fecked off with his fancy woman so we let his wife stick her rubbish in our bin.

I haven't put my bin out in over a year and still owe nearly €800. They want a flat fee of €80 service charge in my area, regardless of whether you use the bin service or not. It's a double tax and a fight that was lost - it was close to being won you know but the cozy lifestyle won out again.

Up to two grand. Never paid 'em on account of the fact that we're renting, and there was already a balance on the account when we moved in.

Anyone know anything?
no-one has been sucessfully charged yet with non-payment but some peoples bins haven't been collected.

I haven't put my bin out in over a year and still owe nearly €800.

fair play. As a matter of interest , what do you do instead? Recycling can take care of an awful lot of it but there'll always be the messy leftovers from a chinese takeaway or bag of dogshit....

BUT, if you put a black bag out and wait for them, they will let you throw it in the back of the truck, but they can't do it for you.

Iv'e heard of binmen chucking the bins right back out again in some areas

Check your tenant/landlord contract...if it says nothing about YOU paying the bin charges then ASSUME it's covered in your rent. You'll be fine in a court of law with that.

Hey Corey, that reminds me, you owe Hotel Marino some money for bin charges too...

...only messin'! Perry can use some of his Cheltenham money to pay for it some day.

Do you reckon Perry reads Thumped?

Hey Corey, that reminds me, you owe Hotel Marino some money for bin charges too...

...only messin'! Perry can use some of his Cheltenham money to pay for it some day.

Do you reckon Perry reads Thumped?
DO YOU RECKON HE READS OWT BUT THE ODDS??

COREY... YOU LIVE IN THE WORST PLACE FOR BIN CHARGES..... I DIDN'T PAY OUT THERE AND THEY STOPPED PICKIN' IT UP. THE SHIT HEADS. THEN I DID PAY AND THEY WOULDN'T START AGAIN UNTIL MY LANDLORD WAITED AROUND HIS FRONT GATE WITH A SHOTGUN AND POINTEDLY TOLD THEM TO GET THIER SHIT TOGETHER. THEY SENT SOME GAYLORD WITH AN ELECTRONIC CLIPBOARD AROUND.

OSAMA BIN CHARGES.

the bin people round here don't even know we exist .. when they changed the system to a bin with a chip in the lid that the lorry won't pick up if you haven't paid we never got a fancy bin. everything gets burnt, recycled or occasionally put in the bin in my da's work. it's a Pain In The Hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back